FORUMS: list search recent posts

What's the best way.....

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Djshew2
What's the best way.....
on Jan 7, 2006 at 6:09:03 am

What's the best way to go about recording a guitar with distortion. I was recently recording a band and they hooked their guitar up to an amp added some distortion and then we outputted from the amp to my mixer (Yamaha MG/12) which then outputted to my m-audiophile 2496 soundcard in my computer. When recording, I got quite a bit of noise and quality was really bad. They turned the gain down on the amp and lowered the distortion, which sounded a little better, but still not what I was looking for. So basically, I just wanna know what piece of equipment(s) I need to buy to make it sound better, or what am I doin' wrong. Thanks for the tips ahead of time.

P.S. new to the recording process...but pretty familiar with A.A 1.5
-Adam
Electric Image Productions

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: What's the best way.....
on Jan 7, 2006 at 11:50:14 am

Adam,

I have done a bit of recordeing with distortion and I just went from the effects pedal to my mixer but you can't get the dynamics that you get from a speaker ... The best way is to mic the amp ... I like to put the amp in a closet ........ WILLIE

Return to posts index

Djshew2
on Jan 8, 2006 at 2:42:56 am

Thanks a lot Willie. I was wonderin' if that would be the best way to go about it or not. I will try that in the future. Thanks, Adam.

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Jan 8, 2006 at 11:40:41 am

Adam,

Glad I could help ........ Willie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]