FORUMS: list search recent posts

waveform missing from track

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Beryl1
waveform missing from track
on Jan 4, 2006 at 12:53:19 am

In Audition I have a 40 min long wav file. This file was placed on a track and I have spent in excess of 30 hours of editing on it. I have made hundreds of volume adjustments in track mode. I have also made many edits in Edit mode. In this process I have switched between track mode and edit mode hundreds of times.

In Edit mode I highlighted a one second long bit of audio that had a breath sound that I wanted to remove. I right mouse clicked and from the menu my intention was to select SILENCE. Instead of SILENCE I slipped and hit TRIM. I mediately hit undo and restored the file in edit mode. I then switched back to Track mode and discovered that the waveform was missing from the track. I can still see all of the volume changes and cue marks that I made but no sound.

It appears to me that the trim command in edit mode may have undone the connection that the file had with the track in track mode.

This is a new program for me. Can you offer any advice to restore my project.

Return to posts index

ozpeter
Re: waveform missing from track
on Jan 4, 2006 at 6:14:33 am

You should be able to go back to the last saved version of the session. (You have been saving, haven't you...? And on something like that, you should be saving backup copies of the session and of the wave files too from time to time).

When you did the trim, the session would have ditched the clips that no longer existed (albeit temporarily) in the wave file.

Whether reinserting the file into multitrack view will put it right will depend on exactly what you were doing.

Maybe consider doing all your editing non-destructively in multitrack view in future - experiment with the insert/delete time command - muting can be done with volume envelopes or by splitting the part of the clip concerned and muting the split clip - etc etc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]