FORUMS: list search recent posts

your opinion of the best tutorial book for audio

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erlyyour opinion of the best tutorial book for audio
by on Dec 18, 2005 at 7:51:01 pm

hey folks, i use video programs just enough to desire a good supplemental audio proram, because afterall audio is 50%of the video in most cases. I am very new to the audio side of this world and would love to hear some feedback from you professionals out there.

So, my questions are:

Do you guys feel that Audition is a quality audio program? If not what is the best? if i'm going to spend the time and learn a program, of course i want it to be quality.

If Audition is a good one, then what Tutorial books do you believe to be top notch? ( I use "Creating Motion Graphics with After Effects" by trish and chris meyer, and i am very satisfied with their style and approach to teaching their subject.)

Thanks ahead of time to all who respond?

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: your opinion of the best tutorial book for audio
by on Dec 18, 2005 at 10:20:08 pm

Erly,

I have been using this program for 8 years and I find it very user friendly, you won't be disapointed ... I am pretty much self taught but I have heard that "Using Audition" by Ron Dabbs is good ...

WILLIE

Return to posts index

Derrick van NiekerkRe: your opinion of the best tutorial book for audio
by on Dec 20, 2005 at 2:01:27 pm

three options:

Total Training, Total Training, and um, Total training.

But be careful. Books and training DVD's teach you how the software works, not "AND THIS IS HOW HOLLYWOOOD MAKES THE VOCALS SOUND LIKE MOVIE" or "THIS IS HOW HOLLYWOOD ACHIEVES THIS SOUND EFFECT."

This said:

Jay Rose has two incredible books on Audio that is not related to a specific program, but can be applied to all prof. Audio program which Adobe Audition is!

check his website, http://www.dplay.com. If you buy the books through the links on his page from amazon, he get's a extra cut. And he's a very nice guy, and a sound guru!

Hope this helps !

- Derrick

Return to posts index

ErlyRe: your opinion of the best tutorial book for audio
by on Dec 20, 2005 at 11:38:56 pm

thanks to both of you guys for your input. im currently reading up on both suggestions, thanks - erly

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]