FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio/ volume help

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Black
Audio/ volume help
on Dec 16, 2005 at 2:09:41 am

I'm using adobe premiere to edit some footage shot with a sony vx2000, the audio level on the tape turned out a bit lower than I expected so I am going to use audition to boost up the levels. What is the best way to export the audio out of premiere, and what steps should I take to make the audio sound better using adobe audition or sony's sound forge?

Return to posts index

Jack Black
Re: Audio/ volume help
on Dec 16, 2005 at 2:36:54 am

After reading some of the other thread I decieded I should post some more details, this was a presentation that I recorded with my vx2000 using only the standard mic that comes with the vx2000. So it is all vocals/speech that i'm trying to make sound better, if need be I can email a short audio clip :) I'm really really new to audition and dont really know where to start....

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Dec 16, 2005 at 3:41:30 am

Jack,

Just go to EXPORT > AUDIO in Pre Pro ... Once you do that open Audition and on the edit side go to FILE then open the audio clip that you exported from Pre Pro ... There are several differnt ways to boost the audio, one is to simply go to EFFECTS > AMPLITUDE > AMPLIFY/FADE and boost the audio by however many DB you need ... You can also use the NORMALIZE, or HARDLIMIT feature in the same tab ... If you would like to send me a minute or so sample I can see what the best way for you to go is ... E-mail to loganonestudio@aol.com ......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Jack Black
on Dec 16, 2005 at 4:48:40 am

Ive sent you an email...Thanks

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Dec 16, 2005 at 2:49:48 pm

Jack,

Here is the big problem from the get go ... Hiss in spades ... I have E-mailed you 2 MP 3's just increasing the audio by 6 db and then doing a hard limit which brings the volume of the voices closer together ... The other I did all of the above then used to hiss removal feature in the noise reduction tab ...

To amplify ... EFFECTS > AMPLITUDE > AMPLIFY/FADE > 6 db
BOOST
To Hard Limit ... EFFECTS > AMPLITUDE > AMPLIFY/FADE > HARD
LIMIT ...
Settings ...
MAX AMP -1 db
BOOST BY 6 db
LOOK AHEAD 20 ms
RELEASE TIME 100 ms
Hiss Removal ... EFFECTS > NOISE REDUCTION > HISS REDUCTION
Settings ...
STANDARD HISS REDUCTION
NOISE FLOOR + 30.76
LEFT CURSOR 357.42 HZ -53.89 db
RIGHT CURSOR 24000 HZ -117.23
You will need to pull another cursor point from the left side by left clicking on the white cursor point and dragging a new point to ... 8167.97 HZ -47.79 db
This will give you better audio but there will always be hiss in it ... The problem with taking the remaining hiss out with noise reduction is that you get digitizing or what I fondly refer to as the "rain barrel effect" and it is UGGGLLYY!!! Good luck just write if you have any other problems ........... WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]