FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing Sections of Audio

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stoner
Missing Sections of Audio
on Dec 4, 2005 at 12:47:09 am

Hi.

I have been using Adobe Audition since it was Cool Edit and thus far have had very few troubles to deal with which I have not been able to handle on my own. Not the case now.

I have a new laptop (1.86 Centrino with 1.5 g of Ram) and am experiencing issues with drop outs. What is happening is every so often during recording(an undetermined amount of time) the file will drop a very brief section of audio. This however cannot be seen in the file as the missings section of audio simply disappears and the audio on either side of the dropout is put together to look seamless. I have had dropouts happen before, but in playing with the Buffers have been able to resolve the problem. This time, it is a whole new issue for me and I a haven't been able to solve the issue.

I have a conference to record this week and this could pose a major issue for me.

Any help would be appreciated if anyone has had this issue before.

Thanks

Stoner

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Missing Sections of Audio
on Dec 4, 2005 at 10:58:03 am

Dude,

I have been using this program since C. E. 1.0 and yes like you have experienced dropouts but nothing like what you are describing ... I am sure you have installed and re-installed but other than that and buffers I am at a loss here unless there is one of those Murphy inspired anomaly going on in your operating system... Please post when you figure it out ....... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Stoner
on Dec 4, 2005 at 4:05:57 pm

Hi Willie

I will do. I have continued playing with the buffers and I think I may have this figured out (but I am not sure). As I have been playing with buffers previoulsy, I have been trying to hold to no more than 3 seconds with a max of 12 buffers.

Last night I went back to 1 second, but with 18 buffers (never had to go that high before). I have just recorded and listened to almost a whole hour without issue.

I'll update as I continue to work on the issue.

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Dec 5, 2005 at 1:31:26 am

Well, it certainly sounds as if you have cured your problem, keep me posted ..... WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]