FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playlists

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Stevens
Playlists
on Oct 14, 2005 at 12:48:00 pm

Hi all,
I'm on my second trip through the Audition 1.5 users guide and can't find some of the most basic answers.

How do I:

1) Save a playlist

2) Save the current work I am doing at present.

I am simply trying to create CD's from hundreds of songs and have found no way to save anything that I am working on. Each day I have to start all over again. I would love to be able to open up the program, see all the songs I loaded the previous day and start where I left off. Is this possible?

Thanks,
William

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Playlists
on Oct 14, 2005 at 1:55:58 pm

William,

First off where are you loading your songs in at, on the session or edit side? When you close the program out it will ask you if you would like to save it ... When you open and load you can just load from that directory ... If you are trying to write your CD with Audition I would recommend that you use another write program such as Roxio, or Nero which will create an ISO for you ... WILLIE

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Oct 14, 2005 at 2:05:10 pm

One more thing ... I would suggest that your work flow go something like this ...

1. Do all of your tweaking of your files in Audition
2. After you are happy with the file save it to a folder
3. Once you have the tunes finished and saved to a this folder use another CD write
program, write your CD and then save the ISO to a known loaction

Return to posts index

William Stevens
on Oct 15, 2005 at 11:33:50 am

Bet you'd never guess that I am brand new to Audition 1.5 -(Ha). I got it as part of a bundle and really have much use for it.

I am somwhat amazed, though, that such a high-dollar program will allow working with playlists but will not allow saving them. I have MusicMatch Jukebox, but figured Audition might do a better job.

Thanks, I will edit with Audition and burn with MusicMatch.

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Oct 15, 2005 at 12:37:47 pm

William,

Everyone has to start someplace ... Glad I could help ... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Ozpeter
on Oct 20, 2005 at 3:40:18 am

The actual playlist has very little function in Audition for most users. Normally you would be creating wave files in edit view comprising all or parts of existing files, (perhaps using File Append to add new files to the end of the current compilation) and then you'd save the whole thing as a new wave file - or else you would do much the same in Multitrack view, dragging and dropping the material as required, then saving the multitrack session file. Next time you open that session, everything you had used would reappear in the state you left it. When finished you would mix the whole thing down to a new wave file.

But simply for compiling files for burning - assuming you are not processing them in any way - any CD burning program would do the job more simply - as Willie has said.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]