FORUMS: list search recent posts

Acapella track question

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
AnthonyAcapella track question
by on Oct 11, 2005 at 2:38:01 am

Hi,

I am planning on doing a project where I take parts of songs to create a new song. In this process, I need to make the original songs acapella so ONLY vocals are heard. Then, I will replace those upon a beat track of my own.

My question is, how can I effectively and seamlessly extract just vocals out of a song to create an acapella (voice-only) in Adobe Audition 1.5?

I've messed around with the Center Extract in the filters menu, but couldn't get it to totally drop the instrumental track. I really need it to sound real and as perfect as it can get.

Thanks for all your help!

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Acapella track question
by on Oct 12, 2005 at 6:36:30 pm

Anthony,

I don't think you can, or at least I have never been successful using this feature of Audition ... There will always be some of the music track left in ... The voice dynamic's change making it sound just this side of ugly ... If you are successful please post ... WILLIE

Return to posts index

AnthonyRe: Acapella track question
by on Oct 12, 2005 at 7:18:25 pm

This there, perhaps, a better program I can try? Or a different method?

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Acapella track question
by on Oct 12, 2005 at 8:05:09 pm

Anthony,

I don't know of a program that will do it, but at the same time I haven't had a need to look or use one ... I don't think Audition will do what short of re-record the tracks .............. WILLIE

Return to posts index

rocklandRe: Acapella track question
by on Oct 19, 2005 at 5:49:21 am

sorry to say this but it's impossible. the vocal frequency's are the same as a lot of other instruments like a ..snare drum.. which are generally mixed right in the center along with the vocals.

Return to posts index

OzpeterRe: Acapella track question
by on Oct 20, 2005 at 3:43:46 am

When you hear this being done on commercial recordings, they have normally had access to the original multitrack material where the voice is on a completely separate track. Audition's centre channel extractor can produce remarkable results but it's very dependent on what is in that centre channel along with the voice. Reverberation for instance is likely to be washing around all over the mix.

Sadly you can't unbake a mixed cake and get the eggs unbroken out of the mix!

Return to posts index

Mike CohenRe: Acapella track question
by on Nov 23, 2005 at 5:47:49 pm

I seem to recall my 6th grade music teacher had a record player which did this. Maybe you should contact him if he's still alive :)

Seriously, he must have had a special record with the vocals only on one channel.

Return to posts index

Yvonette FranceRe: Acapella track question
by on Aug 18, 2009 at 11:43:03 pm

I found a site with i guess a solution hope it works

http://www.iterasi.net/openviewer.aspx?sqrlitid=yvvmtdlc_eoen2zkcdzajw

good luck

Syren
http://www.tapegerm.com check out my songs just look me up there

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]