FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dropping in and Multi-tracking

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rise To AddictionDropping in and Multi-tracking
by on Oct 6, 2005 at 2:41:29 pm

Two things actually:

1. I'm recording 2 guitar tracks simultaneously but I need one of the tracks to be totally 'clean' with no effects and the other distorted so I can here myself playing it properly. The 'clean' track will then be sent off to a studio to be re-amped and mixed in a pre-recorded track. How do I do this? Can it be done?

2. Recording alone can be tough. If I make a mistake I don't want to have to re-record the whole track again. Is it possible to hilight the bit where I need 'dropping in' so I don't record over the rest of the track?

Thank
John

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Dropping in and Multi-tracking
by on Oct 6, 2005 at 4:46:15 pm

John,

First I will address the punch in feature ... If you look across the top of the page you will see a boxing glove, just highlight where you want to punch in at and click on the boxing glove ... Make sure the track that you are wanting to fix is in record mode ... The way I like to do it is just record on the track below it and cut and paste ... The one thing you have to watch for is to make sure that where you punch in and out at has a space between audio ... Just record the first git track without effects ... I usually will lay my percussion down and do a scratch rhythm track, record the bass and then go back and re-record the rhythm ... Once you have your track just do a mixdown of just that track by highlighting it then go to EDIT > MIXDOWN > SELECTED CLIP, once you have that done just save it and then you can write it to CD from there ... I hope this helps ....... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Rise To AddictionRe: Dropping in and Multi-tracking
by on Oct 10, 2005 at 9:16:45 am

Thanks for that. Yes, I was doing the cut and paste thing too but I thought there must be a way of doing it properly :)
Thanks for your help mate. I'll try it out!

Cheers
John.

First I will address the punch in feature ... If you look across the top of the page you will see a boxing glove, just highlight where you want to punch in at and click on the boxing glove ... Make sure the track that you are wanting to fix is in record mode ... The way I like to do it is just record on the track below it and cut and paste ... The one thing you have to watch for is to make sure that where you punch in and out at has a space between audio ... Just record the first git track without effects ... I usually will lay my percussion down and do a scratch rhythm track, record the bass and then go back and re-record the rhythm ... Once you have your track just do a mixdown of just that track by highlighting it then go to EDIT > MIXDOWN > SELECTED CLIP, once you have that done just save it and then you can write it to CD from there ... I hope this helps ....... WILLIE

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Dropping in and Multi-tracking
by on Oct 10, 2005 at 1:45:50 pm

Glad I could help ... If you have any other questions please post ............... WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]