FORUMS: list search recent posts

How Can I Get 99 MP3's on a CD?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William StevensHow Can I Get 99 MP3's on a CD?
by on Oct 6, 2005 at 11:58:20 am

Hi All,

I took 450 songs off old cassettes for transferral to CD.

Question 1: I did my editing in Premiere Pro and didn't leave enough quiet space between songs. When one track ends the next one begins instantly. I don't like this. Is there a way in Audition to put 1 or 2 seconds of quiet time between each song?

Question 2: I had hoped to put the max (99 songs) on each CD. I can get no more .mp3's on a CD than I can .wav's. How can I get more MP3's on a single CD?

Thanks in Adv.
William

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: How Can I Get 99 MP3's on a CD?
by on Oct 6, 2005 at 12:32:30 pm

William,

Take each tune one at a time into the edit side of the program making sure that the cursor is at the beginning of the track, click on GENERATE > SILENCE when the window opens up you can type in the length that the silence needs to be ... The standard is 2 seconds ... As far as getting more tunes on your CD there isn't a way that I know of and still keep the MP-3 format unless you can find a disk that has a larger storage capacity then you are currently using .......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

William StevensRe: How Can I Get 99 MP3's on a CD?
by on Oct 7, 2005 at 10:38:34 am

Hello again,

There must be a tremendous enlarging of the MP3 datafile before it goes to CD. I have 450 MP3's that total 1.09 Gb. Not knowing the 99 file limitation, I had hoped that I could get all these songs on two discs. I now see that I can't.

Still, I am having trouble understanding how (30 mp3's x 3mb = 90mb) is all that will fit on an 800mb CD. What happens to the size of the file from the time it is transferred from the hard disk to the CD?

Under the above conditions, it doesn't seem practical to create a CD from .mp3's when I can get as many or almost as many .wav files on there.

Thanks alot,
William

Return to posts index

Rob DavenportRe: How Can I Get 99 MP3's on a CD?
by on Oct 11, 2005 at 12:03:26 am

You can get 99 MP3's on a cd and more but the application you are using to create the cd is obviously converting to an audio CD. What you want to create is a data CD.

Best,

Rob

Return to posts index

by on Oct 12, 2005 at 12:21:14 pm

A stored data file will not play in a CD player.

I guess I am not explaining myself well enough.

What I am trying to understand is why a 3mb data file can be loaded and played instantly using any audio software out there,yet, I can only get 24 of these 3mb files on an 800mb CD. (24x3mb=72mb) Why can I only get 72mb worth of music on an 800mb CD?

My guess is that all CD burning programs convert mp3 data files to 16 bit stereo files which increases the file size by about (x 10).

Return to posts index

Jim KRe: How Can I Get 99 MP3's on a CD?
by on Oct 20, 2005 at 7:33:40 pm

An mp3 file is a compressed audio file. Many DVD players, and some CD players, can play mp3 files from a data CD. But if you are using a CD burning program that creates audio CD's, then it is uncompressing the mp3 and burning it to disk as a .cda audio file (basically the same as a .WAV file).

Return to posts index

by on Oct 28, 2005 at 3:03:52 pm

I found that MusicMatch Jukebox will allow me to record mp3's as mp3's and I can get 200 to 300 songs on one CD. The only requirement is that the CD player used to play them must play mp3's. My living room stereo does, but my new Toyota's stereo doesn't. That's what we in the South call "six of one - a half dozen of another."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]