FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bringing out dialogue

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amit ZinmanBringing out dialogue
by on Sep 18, 2005 at 7:32:35 am

Due to a technical problem with my camera, in one of the interviews, instead of the dynamic mic, the camera mic was working. The result is a now so loud human voice mixed with a lot of background noise. Is there any way to just enhance the human (female) voice?

Amit

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Bringing out dialogue
by on Sep 18, 2005 at 12:34:21 pm

Amit

The problem you will most likely run into is that by stripping out the background noise you will effect the voice in some pretty mean and nasty ways, (digitizing) due to matched or simular freqencies in the background noise and the voice ... If you scroll down to Aug 4, 2005 you will find a tutorial that explains how to do it ... I would try taking the noise out in small chunks like starting at about 60% then 50% and so on ... You will know when to stop, in any case the voice is not going to sound like the rest of the footage ... My suggestion would be if there is any way to shoot this over you will be money ahead by doing so ........ WILLIE

Return to posts index

OzpeterRe: Bringing out dialogue
by on Sep 19, 2005 at 11:14:09 am

If you are using Audition 1.5, and if the camera mic was a stereo mic, and if it was pointing towards the person speaking - then, you could try the Centre Channel Extractor effect to increase the level of the voice in the centre compared with everything else.

Alternatively, try the parametric equaliser, and create a "hump" in its graphic display, which then slowly drag from side to side to try to hear whether, by boosting the level of different frequencies, you help to increase the clarity of the voice. Process the file with the clearest setting this experiment reveals. (Shorthand description - hope it points you in the right direction).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]