FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Audition - converting session's sample rate

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TasmoidAdobe Audition - converting session's sample rate
by on Sep 13, 2005 at 12:59:12 pm

I'm working on a foley track for a short film.

I broke down the film into a series of sequences. Each one had their own Audition session.

However, now I want to group all the sessions back into one long one. Using 'Append session' and a bit of grouping and resynching, so far so good.

Until now. Accidentally, one of the sessions was created in 44.1kHz instead of 48kHz. Audition won't allow it to be appended to the rest.

Does anyone know how to convert a session's sample rate? Converting individual clips seems to be easy, but I want the whole lot to be converted and to remain in synch. I put a lot of work into that session...

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Adobe Audition - converting session's sample rate
by on Sep 13, 2005 at 4:20:04 pm

All you have to do is bring it into the edit side, go to EDIT at the bottom of the menu you will see CONVERT SAMPLE RATE click on it and choose the sample rate you desire ........... WILLIE

Return to posts index

TasmoidRe: Adobe Audition - converting session's sample rate
by on Sep 13, 2005 at 4:46:33 pm

Thanks, but...

That option seems to be for individual clips, not the entire session. Or am I mistaken?

When I try it, the dialogue window tells me, 'In use by multitrack - sample rate fixed'. All the options are greyed out.

Am I asking the impossible of Audition by trying to change the sample rate of an entire session?

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Adobe Audition - converting session's sample rate
by on Sep 13, 2005 at 8:12:28 pm

First why do you want to group all the sessions together when it's just the mixdown that you need to use? It seems to me that you are working harder than you need to on this ....... WILLIE

Return to posts index

by on Sep 14, 2005 at 8:37:59 am

Well, here's the long version.

When I was working on the foley sequence by sequence, the film was still a rough cut. Now the editor has finally 'locked picture'. Each of the sequences has changed slightly, so I don't want to mix down any of the sessions yet. Individual clips might need tweaking or removing, especially after I overlay atmospheres and so on.

But this is surely beside the point. Is it not possible to batch convert an entire session from one sample rate to another, so the multitrack stays otherwise unchanged?

Return to posts index

OzpeterRe: Adobe Audition - converting session's sample rate
by on Sep 14, 2005 at 12:43:12 pm

There is no session conversion option. You can only mix down and convert the result. When any change is required, modify the session, mix down, convert. The only downside is the time taken to convert after each mixdown.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 14, 2005 at 3:37:53 pm

Thanks chaps...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]