FORUMS: list search recent posts

is Audition 1.5 all I need?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jimmie
is Audition 1.5 all I need?
on Sep 10, 2005 at 3:07:46 am

Hi,

Making a website, with animations, and want to include many original instrumental tunes to accompany the animations. And maybe a little voice-over.

So, is Audition 1.5 all I need to accomplish this? Do I need a keyboard synthesizer? What do you recommend is the high-medium to best available?

Any input on how to create high-quality sound/music for a website would be appreciated.

Thanks
jimmie

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: is Audition 1.5 all I need?
on Sep 10, 2005 at 12:27:22 pm

Jimmy,

Now your question can certainly open a can of worms ... Audition is the only audio program I have used and my music and sound tracks have been broadcast on radio and tv to my complete satisfaction ... I am sure if you asked 10 differnt people who have had any time recording digital audio you are going to get 10 simular but differnt answers ... From my experience with this program over the last 8 + years, (was cool edit) I can say yes it will do the job you want and do it very well ... As for a keyboard or synth, it depends on what kind of sound you are looking for ... For the website you will have to compress so I would start with the best possible recording I can get, here asgain some will tell you to use as high a sample rate as you can but I feel 441 will be just fine at 32 bit with a mixdown to 16 ... Good luck with everything .............. WILLIE

Return to posts index

jimmie
on Sep 10, 2005 at 2:03:30 pm

thanks willie

What brand name/type of synthesizer would you recommend?

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Sep 10, 2005 at 3:33:25 pm

Jimmie,

Korg of course is excellent, but never really using one I am not the person to ask ... I will make some inquiries and see what i can find out ......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

jimmie
one more question:
on Sep 10, 2005 at 5:44:05 pm

So, if I have a 'sampler CD' of various instrumental and vocal sounds, with Audition 1.5 I will be able to mix together many of the particular sounds to form one coherent piece of music?

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: one more question:
on Sep 10, 2005 at 7:04:13 pm

Jimmie,

Absolutly, you can cut and paste to your hearts content ......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Derrick van Niekerk
on Sep 11, 2005 at 6:40:58 pm

Jimmie, Adobe Audition can do that yes, the nice thing is the ful product includes a large amount of samples to create orignal music.

Another program that is good for this is Sony's program ACID. They even have the FREE version calles ACID XPRESS, which probably would be all you need. Check out http://www.acidplanet.com, the direct link for FREE ACID XPRESS is : http://download.acidplanet.com/acidxpress.exe

Check it out, might be just what you need.

Thanks,
Derrick

Return to posts index

jimmie
on Sep 11, 2005 at 10:00:35 pm

and thanks to you, Derrick, for the links.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]