FORUMS: list search recent posts

newbie question

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ruby Gold
newbie question
on Aug 26, 2005 at 12:54:46 am

I'm just starting out with Audition, so please forgive if this is a stupid question.

In the multitrack tab of 1.5 I've noticed that often after I put just a couple of loops into a couple of tracks and play it back, the volume indicator shows clipping is occuring. Should you adjust this right then and there with individual track volumes or wait until you mixdown to deal with the clipping issue.

Thanks a lot-

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: newbie question
on Aug 26, 2005 at 5:02:18 am

Ruby,

YES!!!! The session side is for adding tracks and mixing ... Remember it's important for you to ask any question ... The only stupid question is the one never asked ......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Ruby Gold
on Aug 26, 2005 at 5:06:15 am

Thanks Willie! But, I'm not sure I understand your answer. Should I attend to the volume indicator and adjust the individual tracks in the Multitrack tab to get rid of the clipping or attend to the clipping in a different way (for ex: mixing down to one track and then adjusting)?

Thanks!
Ruby

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Aug 26, 2005 at 1:46:13 pm

Ruby,

You can adjust the tracks individually by RIGHT clicking on the VO that is located on the right side of each track ...... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Ruby Gold
on Aug 26, 2005 at 5:51:12 pm

I think I'm phrasing my question incorrectly. My question actually is a) why is clipping occurring after only a few loops have been laid down in tracks, and, b) what's the best way to deal with it?

thanks-
Ruby

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Aug 26, 2005 at 7:46:32 pm

Ruby,

OK, I will explain, everytime you add tracks you add gain so you need to adjust the gain for every track you add, sorry for the confusion ... W

Return to posts index

FLL-Freak
on Aug 29, 2005 at 4:26:09 pm

Willie,
As a mechanical engineer and not an audio engineer, I do not understand your answer about adding gain for each new track. I do not think that you are adding any gain (amplification) but rather you are adding amplitudes. If the sample by sample addition of the amplitudes for each track add up to more than what can be stored using the selected bit depth, you would clip. It might be posible (if the sounds are out of phase) to have 100 tracks and not clip or just two and peg the meter.

Is this what you mean by adding gain when adding tracks?

-Skye Sweeney
FLL Freak Productions
http://www.fll-freak.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]