FORUMS: list search recent posts

REAL TIME Compressor / Limiter Software filter needed, please help ?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derrick van NiekerkREAL TIME Compressor / Limiter Software filter needed, please help ?
by on Aug 24, 2005 at 5:21:59 am

Hi there,

Does anyone know of a software filter I can use live in lREAL-TIME in Multitrack mode to do compression ?

I have to record a speech and then burn a CD have ut ready 5 minutes after the speech.

Thus I have to do most of the processing in realtime, so that I can burn the disc quickly without any post if possible ?

Thanks,
Derrick

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: REAL TIME Compressor / Limiter Software filter needed, please help ?
by on Aug 24, 2005 at 1:12:13 pm

Derrick,

I use external compression, but you can compress with the progran, just not in real time and still meet your 5 min deadline ... Do you have any VST filters? The multiband compressor would do the job and it would only take a couple of minutes to apply ... If you don't have that just go to EFFECTS > AMPLITUDE > DYNAMIC PROCESSING ... I could E-mail you the multiband VST if you would like ..... WILLIE

Return to posts index

OzpeterRe: REAL TIME Compressor / Limiter Software filter needed, please help ?
by on Aug 24, 2005 at 10:06:54 pm

I guess time taken to apply will depend very much on size of file and speed of PC.

Inherently, Audition does not process audio as it is recorded - it simply passes what the soundcard digitises to the drive. Also, it records to "temp" files so that having recorded you then have to wait while the file saves. Consequently, for long live recordings it has some drawbacks compared with, say, Cubase SX3 which records direct to the final file, and which can apply effects to the incoming audio stream.

Downside of Cubase SX3 is a high level of complication. Downside of recording effects onto incoming audio is you can't change your mind afterwards if you realise you got it wrong.

Depending on your soundcard - consumer ones are best for the purpose - there is (or was) a freeware program called "ALC-Record" which will adjust incoming audio level automatically and thus apply a degree of compression 'on the fly'.

Return to posts index

Derrick van NiekerkRe: REAL TIME Compressor / Limiter Software filter needed, please help ?
by on Aug 25, 2005 at 5:30:40 am

Thanks,

I'll check it out!

- Derrick

Return to posts index

furiousbobRe: REAL TIME Compressor / Limiter Software filter needed, please help ?
by on Sep 21, 2005 at 9:55:14 am

hey willie, i need the multiband vst presets, after searching my computer for all the presets/vsts i still cant find the one used in the first cow audition audio secrets tutorial. could you email me the preset(s)?

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: REAL TIME Compressor / Limiter Software filter needed, please help ?
by on Sep 21, 2005 at 2:48:25 pm

I need your E-mail address ........ WILLIE

Return to posts index

furiousbobRe: REAL TIME Compressor / Limiter Software filter needed, please help ?
by on Sep 21, 2005 at 10:08:30 pm

furiousbob@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Carlo CalingRe: REAL TIME Compressor / Limiter Software filter needed, please help ?
by on Sep 16, 2008 at 4:13:24 pm

is this thread still alive??hope so..hey willie..can you also tell me what multiband compressor or vst plugins are used in the adobe audition 1.5 tutorial..thanks a lot..hope someone can help..

Return to posts index

jason johnsonQuick question
by on Aug 26, 2011 at 6:20:55 pm

I would like it if you would e-mail me a copy bro thanks jkzoofinest@aol.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]