FORUMS: list search recent posts

Low Vocal Volume

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Orkofsky
Low Vocal Volume
on Aug 19, 2005 at 12:03:52 am

Hi,

I am a complete newby with Audition. I have some footage that was shot at my son's wedding a few weeks ago. I am going to be doing th editing and when we watched some of the footage it turns out that where the videographer interviewed guests at the tables that ther voices were drowned out by the music coming over the speakers even though the people were only a few feet away from the camera. He said he had a very good mike attached to the camera, not a separate handheld or lapel mike but the voices are so low it is very hard to hear them.. I have seen other replies to similar problems by Willie Toth and would appreciate any help. I need to be able to loweer the volume on the music and raise it on the people speaking.

Please help as this is so very important for me to be able to fix.

Thank you,
Bruce

Thank you,
Bruce

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Low Vocal Volume
on Aug 19, 2005 at 12:24:46 am

Bruce,

Could you E-mail me a about a minute clip ... There isn't a lot you can do but let me have a crack at it and if I am successful I will give you direction ... E-mail it to loganonestudio@aol.com

Return to posts index

Bruce Orkofsky
on Aug 19, 2005 at 1:35:49 am

Hi,

How do I e-mail a clip? Should I bring in the part with the problem into Audition and save it as a certain type of file?

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Aug 19, 2005 at 2:32:45 am

Bruce,

Yes, bring it into audition on the session or multi track side ... This is simply done by going to the insert tab at the top left of the screen INSERT > AUDIO FROM VIDEO ... Once the clip is in take and highlight about a minute or so of the troubled area now go to EDIT > MIXDOW TO FILE > SELECTED AUDIO CLIPS ... This will mixdown just the highlighted area and will place it onto the edit side of the program ... Next go to FILE > SAVE AS once you get the screen up choose a place where you can locate it and save it as an MP3 PRO file ... Now close Audition it is going to ask you if you want to save the session, just say no to everything ... Next open your E-mail and attach the MP3 file ........... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Bruce Orkofsky
on Aug 19, 2005 at 2:53:34 am

Willie,

OK, that sounds pretty straight forward. It is a bit late to do it tonight as I haven't captured it to my computer yet, I will try Friday night or Sunday as I have to leave early on Saturday for the day.

I use Edius 3.3 as my NLE program. Should I use that to capture some of the footage or can I just capture it straight into Audition. If I use Edius I think it will be an AVI file. What do you suggest?

Thank you so much for your help.

Bruce

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Aug 19, 2005 at 12:24:41 pm

Bruce,

No, you need to capture first then import to Audition .......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Bruce Orkofsky
on Aug 19, 2005 at 12:38:06 pm

Hi Willie,

OK no problem. Usually when I capture with Edius it saves it in Windows Media format at first. Will Audition read it ok that way?

Also I am not at home now so I can't check but when I played around with another clip last night I got a prompt about saving the file first, I forget exactly what it said. This was before I was going to do a Save As. Do you know what this is and if I should choose Yes or No?

Thanks
Bruce

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Aug 19, 2005 at 2:08:11 pm

Bruce,

Yes, it saves as an AVI ... Just say no to everything right now ....... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Bruce Orkofsky
on Aug 19, 2005 at 3:12:27 pm

OK, Great. Thanks Willie I really appreciate your help. I really need to salvage that footage as it cannot be shot again due to the fact that it was at our son's wedding reception. I'll try to capture some of that footage tonight and send you an audio clip. I guess that I can do as you have suggested to other people with audio problems and grab just the music and then filter it out for these clips. Can you do that but just lower the music volume so it is not completely gone?

Thanks,
Bruce

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Aug 19, 2005 at 3:23:15 pm

Bruce,

Wish it was that simple ... Send the clip and we can go from there .... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Bruce Orkofsky
on Aug 19, 2005 at 4:59:22 pm

OK Willie will do.

Thank you,
Bruce

Return to posts index

Bruce Orkofsky
on Aug 21, 2005 at 5:37:19 pm

Hi Willie,

I just completed capturing a clip and making a mixdown in Audition and have also e-mailed it to you. Please let me know what you come up with as soon as you can either here and or by return e-mail.

Thanks,
Bruce

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]