FORUMS: list search recent posts

Output volume issues.

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark_COutput volume issues.
by on Aug 17, 2005 at 6:21:43 pm

I have just started recording with Audition and I have come across something odd. When I play back my recordings they seem to be extremely quiet. For example, if I play a CD through my monitors, a listenable level on the volume control might be 4, whereas when I playback audio from Audition this would need to be turned up to 8-9 for approximately the same volume.

To test this I recorded a track which was at max input volume, i.e almost clipping throughout. When compared to the CD playback it is still noticeably much quieter.

Does anybody know why this might be? I could provide more information on request if I have missed anything vital out.

Thanks, Mark.

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Output volume issues.
by on Aug 17, 2005 at 11:05:18 pm

Mark,

Is the playback from your CD and Audition going through the same soundcard? Check your computers mixer and see where the levels are set ... Most CD's are normalized to -.1db ... The industry standard used to be -6db ... Try normalizing your track to -.1 and then compare the two ... I wouldn't even worry about volumes until mixing and then final mixdown .......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Mark_CRe: Output volume issues.
by on Aug 17, 2005 at 11:25:18 pm

Thanks for that, I was under the impression that if I just mixed it right I could worry about the volume later. I have just found that if I normalise as you suggested the volume gets to the level I had expected.

Thanks.

Mark

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Output volume issues.
by on Aug 18, 2005 at 12:25:14 am

Mark,

No prob, glad I could help ......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]