FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble opening Audition

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jjslim
Trouble opening Audition
on Aug 15, 2005 at 1:38:12 pm

I record using an Edirol UA5 USB external device. It works great. Audition sees it as another 'sound card' and I can set my preferences for the 'In' that way.

Once I've saved my session files and go back into Audition and try and open them up again I have a problem if my Edirol UA5 is turned off. I want to simply start mixing and do not plan on doing any recording.

The message I get is something like 'Audition must close down now, please restart to begin again. Then when I restart I get another message with three choices, new, delete, or resume. If I click resume I still cannot get my session to start as in clicking play and having it play the song I recorded. If I click delete I think it deletes my session completely which I found out the hard way after going in and only finding my .cel files available to be opened. If I have my External unit on it will after a few times start the song for me. Is there any way around this. My thoughts are that it's looking for markers that are set for this external unit.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Mark Siet

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Trouble opening Audition
on Aug 16, 2005 at 1:11:11 pm

I think your problem is that you are saving your files as .cel instead of .wave ... Always save your files as PCM wave files ...

WILLIE

Return to posts index

jjslim
Re: Trouble opening Audition
on Aug 16, 2005 at 1:41:40 pm

Thanks for the tip. I usually forget to look at the file type when I am saving. The good news is that last night when I went back in to record a guitar lead I was able to find my .ses files again and my original session was back. Wierd.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]