FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Audition, hardware controller, and workflow questions need answering please

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derrick van Niekerk
Adobe Audition, hardware controller, and workflow questions need answering please
on Aug 9, 2005 at 8:34:55 am

Hi there, hope you all are doing well.

Could I please ask the following questions.

1. Is SoundForge and Audition equally powerfull for the video editing world (soundtracks, dialog, etc...) ? which program is preferred by yourselfs?

2. Can Audition use harware controllers eg. a console (probably use midi controllers with MME ?) with say 10 faders and a few other knobs to control things in a multi track session in Audition, rather than trying to use the mouse and keyboard to create envelopes, etc.. ?

3. THE ONE I WONDER ABOUT THE MOST! Can you export from Premierre Pro 1.5 a session to Audition so that when you open it up in Audition 1.5 then eg. tracks 1 -5 in Premierre are on the tracks 1 -5 in Audition, you can manipulate and then send the same thing back to premierre ?

THANKS for everyone's time in reading this post.

- Derrick

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Adobe Audition, hardware controller, and workflow questions need answering please
on Aug 9, 2005 at 2:20:39 pm

Yes, you can project link Audition sessions with P pro ... Personally I like to set up my sequence in P Pro, export just the audio, take that clip into Audition do what needs to be done with it mix it down and then replace the audio in P Pro with the corrected audio ... Now if I need to make any changes to the clip I can by opening it up in Audition, make my change, save it and it will change the clip in P Pro ... Audition is midi friendly and I use an external mixing board connected through a Layla 24/96 ... You don't have to use a mouse to create envelopes, and Audition is much better than Soundforge ... Check out the help file it has a ton of info in it that will help .... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Derrick van Niekerk
Re: Adobe Audition, hardware controller, and workflow questions need answering please
on Aug 9, 2005 at 5:00:43 pm

thanks willie,

I'm thinking of getting one of M-Audio's console controllers to link up with Audition.

I am going to buy the video collection suite that adobe offers.

Thanks,
Derrick

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Aug 9, 2005 at 9:16:45 pm

I have been using the package for some time and you will be money ahead ... E-mail me at loganonestudio@aol.com there is some info I need to give to you .......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Ozpeter
on Aug 10, 2005 at 10:40:08 pm

I've never heard of anyone using a controller to create volume envelopes in Audition. How is that done without a mouse? The world would beat a path to the door of anyone who could do it. You can use any Mackie Control type controller with Audition, and it will move Audition's mixer faders, but as the mixer is static and not automated, it doesn't really get you very far.

Return to posts index

Derrick van Niekerk
on Aug 11, 2005 at 6:10:13 am

Hi there Ozpeter,

That is why I'm interested in the BCF2000 cause it's got motorized faders.

- Derrick

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Aug 11, 2005 at 3:01:32 pm

Thanks for catching that, what I was referring to is that you don't have to create an envelope if you choose to use the fade and other options on the edit side of the program ............. WILLIE

Return to posts index

Ozpeter
on Aug 11, 2005 at 10:36:50 pm

Derrick, I have the BCF and as indicated earlier, while it enables operation of the Audition mixer and some other functions, (and if you move a fader on the screen the BCF fader moves appropriately), because there is no automation in Audition 1.5 you can't "replay" the moves. Some have speculated that you might be able to use a sequencer to memorise the moves outside of Audition, but really that's not a worthwhile solution - you might as well use another program which does both.

But I'd repeat that the envelope functions in Audition are, for me, all that is really required and in many situations it's quicker to hand-draw envelopes rather than having to record fader movements etc.

Return to posts index

Chad Treanor
on Sep 7, 2005 at 5:21:37 pm

Im actually looking at getting the M-Audio Firewire 410. I'd like to be able to get the one that has machine sync so that I could slave a DV deck to Audition, but since i lack a deck i think im going to get the 410. Im used to using a DVC PRO deck alongside a protools machine. I'd like to use my version of audition and the M-audio hardware to do the same thing.

Has anyone successfully used audition with the firewire 410? I want to be able to re-record audio while monitoring the location audio along with a click track to tell the talent when their lines are coming. So my second question is - Is there a way to route multiple tracks to the headphones, and then route the Mic to another channel? Are there any latency issues?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Chad Treanor
ch4dtreanor@hotmail.com

Dell XPS
3.2 Ghz processor
1 gig of ram
XP pro
Adobe Video Package Professional

Return to posts index

Derrick van Niekerk
on Sep 7, 2005 at 8:29:12 pm

Well if you've got pro tools why use Audition ? Just a question. I'm not sure what you mean with Machine sync?

You can do the routing, and the mic to a different track.

The FireWire 410 is a 4 input 10 output unit, so you can map it out. and it is ASIO 2 compatible, which is a low latency spec, and is highly configurable routing wise.

Latency is affected by system resources so if you have enough CPU power, and memory available you should be fine.

thanks,
Derrick

Return to posts index

Chad Treanor
on Sep 12, 2005 at 6:41:48 pm

Well i suppose what i mean by machine control is that I've used protools synced to a DVC PRO deck in the past. I think we used a MOTU mixer to connect the two but im not rightly sure.

I would just like to be able to use my system with audition alongside my pd 170 (as the deck controlled by audition) to use the timecode on the tape to frame accurately record a lot of foley and VO's. Its easy to sync up and map out where some sounds will hit that way. I think Audition has a way of doing this but I dont want to import an exported video from premiere and rely solely on my computers capabilities...

any help is appreciated
thanks
Chad Treanor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]