FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stereo tracks from mono

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jjslimStereo tracks from mono
by on Aug 8, 2005 at 5:20:58 pm

I've recorded a guitar track which comes in as left only, not right track. I want to move this to right. Panning doesn't work. Do I mix down just this one track and then combine the result with my first left track?

Return to posts index

Derrick van NiekerkRe: Stereo tracks from mono
by on Aug 9, 2005 at 8:38:51 am

convert the track to stereo, then select and cut the left channel, then click on the bottom of the right channel and paste, then it will be on the right channel.

- Derrick

Return to posts index

jjslimRe: Stereo tracks from mono
by on Aug 9, 2005 at 1:33:21 pm

Thanks Derrick. I am not sure how to convert the tracks to stereo although I have stumbled upon another way to do this. I took my left track which was the only track I had and copied it and then did mix paste & delete while positioned over the right track. This converted it into a stereo track. For some reason I still had a small piece of the original track at the beginning which I deleted and moved up my stereo track to synch it up. Question? It seems like when I repositioned the track it will only move in measured increments. Is there something which will allow you to move a track just slightly and not under one of the offsets?

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Stereo tracks from mono
by on Aug 9, 2005 at 2:01:48 pm

The easiest way to convert to stereo is to take the original track bring it into the session side, mix it down or copy it by highlighting it then go to the track below it, right click and you will have the option of how to mix it down ... I like to mix it down as a mono track ... Once you have done that, pan the top track hard left and the bottom track hard right, and then repeat the mixdown process, zip bang stereo and it will move in any increments you want it to move in ... I have never experienced a track that you can't have full control over positioning ... Are you zoomed in? If you aren't it will try and line up with other tracks that are in the session ...

Return to posts index

jjslimRe: Stereo tracks from mono
by on Aug 9, 2005 at 4:30:08 pm

Thanks Willie, I will try that tonight. I'll let you know.

When I did mix-paste and delete it gave me a stereo track but I wasn't zoomed in so that's probably why I couldn't move it in smaller increments.

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Stereo tracks from mono
by on Aug 9, 2005 at 9:21:05 pm

No problem ....... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Barry ButlerRe: Stereo tracks from mono
by on Aug 24, 2011 at 9:02:31 am

Hello, I recorded a stereo track of an interview, girl one side, guy the other. I have clean guy on one side and clean girl on the other, but also have bleed of girl on his side and him on her side. How do I save each side, L or R individually. I can then delete the bleed sections.

Thanks a lot

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]