FORUMS: list search recent posts

not able to import some mp3 into audition

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mc 1not able to import some mp3 into audition
by on Jul 21, 2005 at 11:36:28 pm

hello all. i downloaded a sample mp3 from sounddogs and tried to import it into audition with the hopes of tweaking it, however audition isn't accepting it as a valid mp3. any suggestions on how to make this work? thanks!

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: not able to import some mp3 into audition
by on Jul 22, 2005 at 12:50:13 am

Does your install of Audition see any MP3's? Try and download again only save as PCM wave file ... Did you try and insert it on the session side? WILLIE

Return to posts index

mc 1Re: not able to import some mp3 into audition
by on Jul 22, 2005 at 4:31:08 pm

yes, i can see mp3 files. and i did try to convert to a pcm, but it asked me the sampling rate, which i have no idea of.

im not sure what it means to insert on the session side, (i'm a novice) what does that mean?

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: not able to import some mp3 into audition
by on Jul 22, 2005 at 5:13:09 pm

Go to the multi track side and then click on the tab across the top that says INCERT, now scroll down to audio from there go to where your MP 3 is saved click on it and hit OK ... It should incert ... Once you do then you can do a SAVE AS and save it as an PCM wave file ... IF Audition still doesn't see it then it is most likely your download that has a problem ........ WILLIE

Return to posts index

J. D. MackRe: not able to import some mp3 into audition
by on Jul 25, 2005 at 4:19:51 pm

I'm not sure if this info will apply to your situation or not, but this might help.

First of all, when you say you are tyring to import the mp3, how do you mean? Are you clicking on File-Open, and then selecting the mp3 file from the directory where it is located? I will presume that you are. Audition should open the file at that point. However, there are some oddly formatted mp3 files that Audition will not read. This happened to me just this past week. Here is what I did.

If you do not have the program Winamp, go ahead and get the free download (full version, not lite version) from http://www.winamp.com. See if you can play the mp3 file in Winamp. If not, then there is somethig wrong with the mp3 file. If you can, then go into the options, then preferences, and then under "plug ins", choose "output." Select "Nullsoft Discwriter" It should be pre-configured for 44.1K 16bit PCM. Now, when you play the mp3 file in Winamp, you won't hear anything, but Winamp will be writing a .wav file to your hard drive from the mp3 file. This new .wav file should open in Audition with no problem.

Hope that helps!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]