FORUMS: list search recent posts

Easier Integration with Premiere Pro?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian SaenzDeViteri
Easier Integration with Premiere Pro?
on Jun 2, 2005 at 6:49:19 pm

Anyone know if Adobe is planning on an improved integration with Premiere Pro with the next release of Audition and Premiere Pro?

Right now I am having a WHOLE lot of problems using the workaround: exporting each "track" from Premiere, importing each track into Audition, do my edits and tweaks in Audition, export a single wav from Audition, import back as a new track in Premiere, try to frame match, then export my Premiere project as usual.

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Easier Integration with Premiere Pro?
on Jun 2, 2005 at 7:52:41 pm

Brian,

When I tweak an audio track I import the audio and the video ... Trying to match waves in premier has problems because you can only work within the guidlines of one frame so if you are off a half frame you can't match it up ... Once you have edited the wave file and mixed it back to the video clip save the audio as a session so if you decide you need to do anymore edits all you have to do is bring the audio clip into the edit side, make your change and it will update your file that is in premier without having to remove and import back into premier, it don't get much easier than that ... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Brian SaenzDeViteri
on Jun 3, 2005 at 3:24:13 pm

Yeah, I've done that before, but here's what happens...

I open the .AVI file in Audition using the "Open Audio From Video" option (the only way to get audio from an .AVI file into Audition). Make my edits to the audio, then I cannot save the "linked" audio and video file - I am forced to save the audio audio changes as a .WAV file.

Then I go back to Premiere, find the original clip that I used in my timeline... find the in and out marks for that clip... mark the same in and out marks on the audio then add it to my timeline in the exact place the current (unedited) audio is in... then unlink the original audio and video... then mute out the original audio track... relink the new audio to the video... then play and pray.

Just to give you an example, I used a 30 second video clip and did the whole process this way just right now. The media duration of the original AVI with audio and video is 00:00:30:00. The new .WAV from Audition that I import into my project is 00:00:30:01441. Now, expand that out to a whole project and it becomes slightly "tedious" to say the least to match all of these up exactly and accurately.

Is there an improved way to do this? Can't we just open up the Premiere timeline in Audition, see only the audio there (with maybe a preview monitor), edit the audio in Audition, go back to Premiere, click a button and have all of the changes update? Would be nice...

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Jun 3, 2005 at 3:37:47 pm

Import the video file from the pull down menu in audition instead of just the audio file from the video clip, then you can remix the edited audio back into the video right from audition by right clicking on the video track ... You will have to replace the video file that you have in premier with the edited one but it eliminates a lot of steps by doing it this way instead of just importing the audio track from the video track into audition ... This is why I try to edit all of my audio tracks prior to building the movie ............ WILLIE

Return to posts index

Brian SaenzDeViteri
on Jun 3, 2005 at 5:41:07 pm

Thanks for the explanation of your solution. I tried it, and it works. Nice to see you can get the video "preview" of sorts as frames in the multitrack view.

Changing my workflow to an audio edit prior to my video edit just doesn't make much sense to the type of work I do. So unfortunately, this will not work well for me the majority of the time. However, it is nice to know that I can export my final edited DV AVI and still bring it into Audition for accurate audio enhancement if I ever need to.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Jun 3, 2005 at 6:01:50 pm

Brian,

Glad I could help ......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]