FORUMS: list search recent posts

Leveling Out Audio Levels

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Critelli Multi_Media
Leveling Out Audio Levels
on May 18, 2005 at 5:53:44 pm

I've been given a cassette tape of two people talking in a kitchen and was asked to clean it up. I'm not an audio expert so I thought I'd ask here. The voice levels are all over the place as the woman telling stories and singing is fixing dinner and is walking around. The man's voice is strong because he was at the table with the recorder.
Anyway, I'm looking for the best way to even out the voice levels. I've cleaned up a lot of the background noise but want to make the woman more intellagable.

This project takes on added importance because this tape was made two days before the woman died in a house fire and it's the only thing the son has left of his mom.
Thanks for any help you can offer,

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Leveling Out Audio Levels
on May 18, 2005 at 7:57:16 pm

You may be able to make a difference by using the hard limit feature, but in cases like this you may have to take the time and adjust volumes one at a time ... If you would like me to listen and see if I can come up with the best way you can E-mail me a 2 or 3 min clip at loganonestudio@aol.com ...

WILLIE

Return to posts index

Bruce Critelli
on May 23, 2005 at 6:51:40 pm

Thanks for the reply. I'll send a short clip to you in th enexrt few days.
I appreciate your help!

Bruce

Return to posts index

fll-freak
on May 23, 2005 at 12:13:17 pm

Willie offers you great advice. All I can offer you is to make a backup of this precious tape. Burn a few CDs and distribute them to different people. No need to compound the tradegy.

-Skye Sweeney
FLL Freak Productions
http://www.fll-freak.com

Return to posts index

Bruce Critelli
on May 23, 2005 at 6:53:43 pm

The first thing I did was to convert the tape to a wav file and then burn three CDs. I'm sure you can imagine how nervous I was converting the tape!

Return to posts index

fll-freak
on May 24, 2005 at 10:50:15 am

Pat yourself on the back.

-Skye Sweeney
FLL Freak Productions
http://www.fll-freak.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]