FORUMS: list search recent posts

Voice Manipulation

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rljohnson
Voice Manipulation
on May 3, 2005 at 2:12:08 pm

I am working on a project that requires me to manipulate an informants voice so they won't be recognizable. This individual has a distinct voice and accent that keeps coming through. The other problem when the interview was done the audio isn't that great there is a lot of ambient noise in the background including a dog moving around on a hard wood floor. As we know that isn't a great combination for decent sound. I enhanced by raising the pitch adjusted the speed and even equalized but we think he still may be recognized. The other problem is being able to understand them, I tried lowering the pitch but you really couldn't understand what they were saying clearly. This is running in an investigative promo and I need to be sure that they are understandable or the viewer won't understand the promo plus protect their identity. Any suggestion would be very appreciative.

Rodney

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Voice Manipulation
on May 3, 2005 at 2:32:18 pm

Rodney,

It's hard without hearing a clip ... I may be able to help if you are willing to E-mail me a 1 minute sample of the original clip ... I would need a sample of the ambiant noise as well ... You can remove the dog by using the spectral view that I covered a few post ago ... Email me at loganonestudio@aol.com ........... WILLIE

Return to posts index

rljohnson
on May 3, 2005 at 3:00:11 pm

Thanks I will send it right over

Rodney

Return to posts index

willie toth
on May 3, 2005 at 4:18:21 pm

Cool, I will work on it tonight when I get home from my real job ... W

Return to posts index