FORUMS: list search recent posts

Disclaimer Advice?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Carvajal
Disclaimer Advice?
on Apr 27, 2005 at 1:07:54 pm

I just completed a series of interviews, edited them and titled them in Premiere.
In two of the interviews, there was the air ventilation noise that was extremly high in both rooms that I could not do anything about. I ran the audio through Audition, use the tutorial to reduce the noise. Dispite quite a bit of time trying to reduce the background noise, the best I could do is get it to the point where the background noise was reduced by 75% but the end effect was the people's voices sound like they were coming from a tunnel without the echo effect. At this time you can understand them, but there voice is not near there true voice. I was thinking of putting Subtitles into those two interviews, but what I would like to put is a disclaimer before the interview. Any suggestions? I was thinking like somewhere along the lines of "During video taping of this interview, the camera picked up the background noise of the airflow system of the school. Attempts were made to clean up the audio but some noise is still present. Subtitles will now be used to provide a text transcript of the interview. We appologize for the inconvenance"

This is a DVD that will be sold at a public school and I just wanted to give a fair warning to the parents so they don't bicker. All the other interviews sounded fine.

Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Disclaimer Advice?
on Apr 27, 2005 at 2:20:55 pm

Bryan,

Could you E-mail me a sample of the original clip? I may be able to make it right or at least without digitizing on the voice ... My E-mail is loganonestudio@aol.com ... The problem with the noise reduction is that first you need to sample just the noise than take it out slowly ... Once I lock unto the noise floor I take my first bite at no more than 63% and if I need more I go down to in between 40 and 53% ... If I need to remove any more I lower the percentage ... If I am successful I will E-mail you the settings I use .......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Bryan Carvajal
on Apr 27, 2005 at 2:51:18 pm

Thanks wille, I will send it to you as soon as I get home from work..Since the interview is about say 4-5 mins long, do you want the audio in WAV or MP3 format? I haven't checked but I do believe that the entire audio is bigger than 2 mb , which is more than I can email via juno at this time..but we will see what we can do as I might just send you the first few seconds were the noise can be clearly heard as a base for your template.

Thanks again and I look forward to sending it to you.

bryan

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Apr 27, 2005 at 4:20:20 pm

Bryan,

Just E-mail me a minute or so ...... WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]