FORUMS: list search recent posts

5.1 Speakers and Surround in AA 1.5

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ragnar
5.1 Speakers and Surround in AA 1.5
on Apr 24, 2005 at 9:54:41 pm

I currently have an M-Audio 24/96 sound card in my PC. It can output 5.1 via its RCA S/PDIF. However, they way that I understand it, I think I need a different card if I would like to create 5.1 surround sound in AA. The AA help file states: "To achieve proper 5.1 surround-sound preview playback from the Multichannel Encoder, you need a sound card that offers at least 6-channel analog output."

Well, my M-Audio card only has the S/PDIF RCA, so that's why I'm thinking I need to purchase another 5.1 capable sound card. Is my thinking sound on this? I don't want to give up my M-Audio card as it's circuitry is rock solid for stereo recording and playback; however, I would like to start building 5.1 soundtracks while still being able to listen to them. I guess that's what it boils down to, playback. I know that there is nothing preventing me from building a 5.1 soundtrack now with my current setup, but playback of 5.1 would make much more sense before I export using the Multichannle Encoder. Am I making sense?

Ragnar

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: 5.1 Speakers and Surround in AA 1.5
on Apr 25, 2005 at 1:57:23 am

Ragnar,

Your thinking is sound, but you can have more than one soundcard in your computer, for example I have a Layla card and a soundblaster in one of my computers ... I use the layla for recording and the soundblaster for system playback ............. WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]