Since updating to CC 2015.3, Adobe Premiere seems to have a problem locating Sapphire plug-ins. Premiere will launch and visibly load all Sapphire effects (listing them all on the Premiere launch screen), but once launched, none of the Sapphire effects are available in the effects tab. All other 3rd party effects load fine and Sapphire plugins load correctly in After Effects. So the issue would seem to be only between Sapphire and Premiere.
After several hours-long phone calls to GenArts, and multiple combinations of uninstalling Sapphire, deactivating Sapphire license, clearing Premiere cache, reinstalling and re-licensing, their tech support was ultimately unable to determine how to correct the problem.
Any ideas about how to correct this issue are appreciated.
Thanks to Zac Lam at the Adobe Forum, I have the solution to the Sapphire problem--no uninstalling, CC Cleaner, or even re-booting necessary:
1) Move the Sapphire Plug-ins folder outside of the Adobe plug-ins folder where it is installed.
2) While holding down the Shift key (Windows), launch Adobe Premiere to clear the plug-in cache.
3) *KEEP HOLDING SHIFT* throughout the entire Adobe Premiere launch process (this was my problem before, I was only doing a "shift-click" to launch and then letting go of the key).
4) Close Adobe Premiere.
5) Move the Sapphire Plug-ins back into the correct plug-ins folder for Adobe.
6) Launch Premiere again, this time without holding the Shift key. The plug-ins re-added should be loaded incrementally into Premiere's cache and should load successfully.
This was a fairly easy way to fix the problem. Oddly, prior to Zac's suggestion (and before I figured out the holding-shift-for-a-long-time trick), I stumbled on a more difficult workaround whereby if you rename ALL the sapphire effect files to begin with "AE.", followed by their original filenames, voila! Both Premiere and After Effects recognize all the Sapphire effects. Not sure why that works, but it does!
Results Video, Inc.
El Paso, Texas