FORUMS: list search recent posts

automating download info, using Adobe Muse and Paypal

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Goldbergautomating download info, using Adobe Muse and Paypal
by on May 25, 2016 at 3:44:37 pm

Hello,
I'm currently building a website that sells digital products.
All of the shopping cart solutions seem to be fairly pricey, and I don't think I need that. Right now I'm set up with just a paypal button to accept payments through paypal. Starting small!

My question is - How can I set up an automated process so that when someone buys a product, I can send them to a download page automatically?
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

Return to posts index

Steve Crook JrRe: automating download info, using Adobe Muse and Paypal
by on May 26, 2016 at 1:35:34 pm

Muse is not built (at this time, anyway) to be a shopping cart system. A quick Google search of "muse shopping cart plugin" returned the well-known Ecwid plugin, but Ecwid doesn't offer digital downloads on its free plan...

So, what to do?

Maybe use something other than Muse? For a simple site, OpenCart is the first that comes to mind. There is also Magento, but it has heftier requirements than OpenCart.

Hope this helps.

Steve Crook, Jr.
http://www.stevecrookjr.me

I am a simple creative professional that can get my Adobe suite and a few other creative tools to do what I want. Barely. :)

Return to posts index

Jesse WatsonRe: automating download info, using Adobe Muse and Paypal
by on Jun 17, 2016 at 4:20:08 pm

I've used WooCommerce to build a shopping cart system. It's free to start if you keep it bare bones, but as you grow and want to add features, you will have to add plug-ins that add up.

It's not a bad way to start for a simple shopping cart system, but the WordPress platform can be pretty slow at times. Have you checked out Shopify?

-Jesse

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]