FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question regarding hosting, domains and SEO.

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin WonslyQuestion regarding hosting, domains and SEO.
by on Dec 1, 2014 at 11:00:10 am

I wonder if anyone could help me with this question regarding hosting, domains and SEO.

If i build a company that provides a service to a local area, say my town of Sydney Australia, say it a catering company that come and cooked great food for your party, and part of the business success was the fact that the website showed up reasonably well on google searches of words like 'Sydney party catering'. And the domain, and the hosting were purchased and set up in Australia.
Then, i decide i want to move my business to LA, would I then be at a disadvantage that my hosting and domain were still with the Australian company? of course I could change all the key words and tags on the site, contact details, and any seo that was previously about Sydeny to reflect the new city I was operating the business in.
If i simply change the seo and tags, would i then be able to get as good a chance at a good google ranking as i would be if i set up the whole site/domain again through an LA hosting/domain service?

Return to posts index

Zafar AnwarRe: Question regarding hosting, domains and SEO.
by on Jan 9, 2015 at 6:55:53 am

Dear Justin,

Hosting does not matter at all. It is domain which is recognition of your company. If your domain is not locale I mean not .au then you can use same domain just by changing you business address, phone numbers and your service area and off course SEO.

Return to posts index

Karl TurkaRe: Question regarding hosting, domains and SEO.
by on Mar 9, 2015 at 10:11:49 am

your hosting should not influence on your google rating a lot. when it is long distance between hosting location and yours visitors location it can influence on your page loading speed and this parameter influence on seo but not a lot. - dj samples for music production

Return to posts index

Barbara DorisRe: Question regarding hosting, domains and SEO.
by on Apr 4, 2015 at 9:00:13 am

As somebody mentioned the hosting is not matter for SEO, but the server is getting always slow performance its effect your seo too.
And if your company is a local area service provider it would be best to use instead of .com

Return to posts index

Lisa WhiteRe: Question regarding hosting, domains and SEO.
by on Mar 2, 2016 at 2:11:18 pm

I was looking for the solution for the same question and read everyone's point of view but what Barbara Doris said cannot be neglected. I recently check ed out this site and found quite informative.

Return to posts index

bing phoebesRe: Question regarding hosting, domains and SEO.
by on Mar 23, 2016 at 7:29:45 am

Web hosting provider play a role in website’s success. By choosing a provider that is reliable and trustworthy you can protect your website from unwanted surprises, it also affect SEO like loading speeds, downtime and security risks.

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved