FORUMS: list search recent posts

Embedding Vimeo Portfolio page into a private web site?

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bren Taylor
Embedding Vimeo Portfolio page into a private web site?
on Jul 22, 2013 at 6:48:08 pm

Has anyone successfully embedded a VimeoPro portfolio page (with multiple videos) into a private website? If so, would you be willing to share "how to?" My client wants to keep visitors on his own site rather than sending to Vimeo. Thanks for your assistance!

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
Re: Embedding Vimeo Portfolio page into a private web site?
on Jul 22, 2013 at 7:49:38 pm

hello...

where specifically are you getting stuck? there are lots of docs on how to do this on the vimeo site itself...

let us know and we can offer some more specific advice!

sitruc

Return to posts index

Bren Taylor
on Jul 22, 2013 at 7:57:48 pm

Curtis, all of the posts I'm seeing on the Vimeo site say that this is not a feature of Vimeo Pro... altho' they are a year old. But my search for current info regarding this functionality isn't very productive. Thought someone here might have experience with this.... -Bren

Return to posts index

Bren Taylor
on Jul 22, 2013 at 8:00:06 pm

Curtis, all of the posts I'm seeing on the Vimeo site say that this is not a feature of Vimeo Pro... altho' they are a year old. But my search for current info regarding this functionality wasn't very productive. Thought someone here might have experience with this.... -Bren

And perhaps I didn't describe what I want to do clearly enough? I don't want to add a link on my client's website to the Vimeo portfolio page. I want to take the Vimeo page itself and embed that. Thx!

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
on Jul 22, 2013 at 8:27:00 pm

hello...

no i hear what you want to do - i guess i was just trying to gauge if you had tried varied solutions already and failed or if you were just getting started? one solution that comes to mind is just reading the rss feed - for example, here's a portfolio page (no idea who - just one i found):

http://vimeo.com/channels/tribalschaible

and then it has an rss feed:

http://vimeo.com/channels/tribalschaible/videos/rss

so if yours had an rss feed as well you could read that via php or other scripting language on your site and dump all that content out there in whatever format you desired. is that an option you've considered?

sitruc

Return to posts index

Bren Taylor
on Jul 22, 2013 at 8:35:44 pm

Thanks for your suggestion....I'm just getting started Curtis, thought I might save myself some pain by asking for advice up front!! ;-) And as I suspected, Vimeo just informed me that they do not offer this functionality.

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
on Jul 22, 2013 at 8:41:51 pm

hello...

ahh - then the rss feed would be the way to go! do you have any experience with that? if you have a link to your portfolio rss feed, i could do a sample for you using php that dumped your content to a remote server that you could then alter to suit your needs...

(javascript could also do it too if you didn't have php support on your server)

sitruc

Return to posts index

Bren Taylor
on Jul 22, 2013 at 8:46:23 pm

Awesome. Thank you, just moving forward now with the portfolio page. I wanted to make sure this was do-able before investing. Will let you know if I hit any bumps. Greatly appreciate the info!!

Return to posts index

Bren Taylor
on Jul 22, 2013 at 8:52:33 pm

Curtis, would this solution allow the portfolio page template formatting to remain intact?

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
on Jul 22, 2013 at 9:01:22 pm

hello...

you could replicate it - all rss is is a raw content dump of all the videos - you could put that back together in any format you wanted to with any style you desired. so it could be made to look like your portfolio page, or something more simple...

it would involve you having knowledge on how to reed and parse an rss feed and then populate a page with the content and style it via css...

sitruc

Return to posts index

Bren Taylor
on Jul 22, 2013 at 9:18:06 pm

Or in my case, knowing someone with that knowledge!! ;-)

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
on Jul 23, 2013 at 3:51:52 pm

hello...

if you are interested, i can probably knock this out in a few hours assuming that the rss feed is available for your portfolio page. feel free to contact me at online[at]sitruc[dot]com...put "creative cow" in the subject if so - i have a lot of spam mail... :-/

sitruc

Return to posts index

Bren Taylor
on Jul 23, 2013 at 4:11:16 pm

Thanks Curtis, appreciate the offer but the powers that be have decided to go in a different direction. Thank you so much for your time!!

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
on Jul 23, 2013 at 4:14:49 pm

hello...

hope it all works out in the long run wrt the project!

sitruc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]