FORUMS: list search recent posts

wordPress (theme) for semi-confidential videos?

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul DoughertywordPress (theme) for semi-confidential videos?
by on Jul 18, 2013 at 3:49:47 pm

I'm looking for a WordPress video theme to use as a portfolio for screening semi-confidential videos. Security can skew lite, easy to use vs not air-tight. In a perfect word that probably means one password to access the video page, not passwords for individual videos.

I'd rather not host the videos, and would be happy with YouTube or Vimeo provided they are not visible to the public. (I guess that means private but no password, the pw would come up only to get at the WordPress page.)

I guess the overarching question is about a mechanism in that allows me to set passwords. Network Solutions allows me to set passwords on a folder but I'm not crazy about the way that works. The follow-on question is this… it's been suggested that if a password contains a name of the person you're issuing it to, it creates a built-in incentive for them to be discreet about it. That is they won't circulate a password that contains their name. The solution here would probably be to have a scheme that allows for multiple valid passwords, possible?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: wordPress (theme) for semi-confidential videos?
by on Jul 22, 2013 at 7:52:49 pm

what about the htaccess option that network solutions is offering don't you like? that's a pretty standard and reliable way to do passwords on a folder.

you could also just use the built-in protection and make a page per user?

the network solutions option though will let you protect a single resource with multiple passwords.

i guess i'm not sure what to suggest - you seem like you've researched all the options and aren't a fan of any of them?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved