FORUMS: list search recent posts

Holiday Rental Website - Feedback Please

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aidan FitzgeraldHoliday Rental Website - Feedback Please
by on Jun 12, 2013 at 3:29:25 pm

Hey Guys

Having recently launched our holiday home rental site, i am looking for some feedback on the the design and any usability issues and advice you may have.

One of the features of the site is the responsive design allowing ease of use from iphones and ipads. We also sought to establish a strong brand identity in the design whilst simplifying the booking process with a user friendly booking engine.

A key feature of our landing pages is the use of images to enhance the user experience and have a positive influence on conversion. The site design also makes it easier for image display. Users can also use our filter tab to find specific property facilities i.e pets welcome inside.

I would appreciate any feedback you may have on the design and any recommendations for improvement.

Thanks for taking time to view the site

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Holiday Rental Website - Feedback Please
by on Jun 19, 2013 at 6:56:45 pm

well - first impression on opening the page was that it was visually overwheming. my eyes didn't know where to go first, which i tend to find problematic. that said, i can see what your business is right up front, which is good.

i find the cookie notices like that to be a turn off. it makes me think you are doing something evil. most sites set cookies these days so you aren't out in left field there, but having it be so prominent on your site really does make me wonder what you are up to.

i thought the page scrolled a bit too much - way too much going on there on the home page, imho.

the landing page was very nice - with a single image above the search bar as opposed to the collage on the home page, i found it to be much less visually jarring.

overall a lot of info per page, but that is some random feedback. hope that helps!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved