FORUMS: list search recent posts

RE: Web browser personalisation

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James DoggettRE: Web browser personalisation
by on Jan 3, 2013 at 12:54:39 pm

I'm aware this may not strictly come under the 'web design' umbrella, but curious about how feasible it is to customise the 404 page i.e replacing it with a pre-made 'oops there appears to be a bug, we're currently fixing this' page, complete with my company's logo.

Crucially, I'd like this to appear in any browser in the building when their is a router/service provider problem.

Ostensibly this would just be a nice professional touch , but it would also perhaps minimise lots of calls to tech support to tell them the same thing. :-)

P.S I'm aware this is normally something applied to just one's website. Am I effectively talking about re-writing a web browser?

Many thanks,

Return to posts index

Mike SmithRe: RE: Web browser personalisation
by on Jan 10, 2013 at 3:30:38 pm

If you are on apache / linux this might get you going.

If you're using a Win server this might be relevant.

Return to posts index

mert asarRe: RE: Web browser personalisation
by on Feb 7, 2013 at 2:27:49 pm

I think IE will be always crry problems. Google chrome is much better for now. Fireworks is slow. Opera is to heavey. But re-writing a new browser is a big dream. Money and time need for this. And Browsers are changing every day. I t will not easy to catch their technologies. They are not only brower. They have more thing under their development part.

Marenova Web Sitesi Tasarımı

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved