FORUMS: list search recent posts

Will YouTube, Viddler, or Vimeo support non-standard aspect-ratio embeds? Do you have an example I could look at??

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clay VernonWill YouTube, Viddler, or Vimeo support non-standard aspect-ratio embeds? Do you have an example I could look at??
by on Jul 17, 2012 at 9:41:59 pm

The title says it all. I'm looking to embed a movie that is 793 x 146 to be exact.

I don't want to use Flash to keep compatibility with iOS devices.

Does anyone have any suggestions ??

-Clay

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Will YouTube, Viddler, or Vimeo support non-standard aspect-ratio embeds? Do you have an example I could look at??
by on Jul 18, 2012 at 6:08:13 pm

hello...

not that i know of - can you use html5 video? is that an option? then you can make it whatever dimension you want and have a flash fallback for older browsers...

sitruc

Return to posts index

Clay VernonRe: Will YouTube, Viddler, or Vimeo support non-standard aspect-ratio embeds? Do you have an example I could look at??
by on Jul 18, 2012 at 6:26:28 pm

Yes, I think I will use html5 video.

I've been looking at video.js to taylor the look.

Do you have any experience with an html5 player that you'd recommend?

Clay Vernon
------------
(913)406-0728
ClayVernon@Gmail.com

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Will YouTube, Viddler, or Vimeo support non-standard aspect-ratio embeds? Do you have an example I could look at??
by on Jul 18, 2012 at 7:18:10 pm

hello...

i've used video for everybody in the past:

http://camendesign.com/code/video_for_everybody

i looked at video.js, but licensing made me not want to use it (it's open source, but any improvements or changes you make have to be pushed back into the product and made available - somewhat of a pain, and i recall it needed some tweaking for my needs)...

there are a ton of them out there, and it's really not rocket science to do your own, either (it really just boils down to embed tags)...but give a few a try and see what your personal preference is!

sitruc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]