FORUMS: list search recent posts

How's this done?

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris StegnerHow's this done?
by on May 8, 2012 at 1:26:40 pm

I've ran across a couple of sites now that have some awesome navigation.... scrolling. I'm thinking this is html 5, css 3 and java. But I'd love to hear from some of you. I'd like to try a site like this and was wondering if it's maybe an Adobe Edge type of job?

Here's one of the site:!/home

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: How's this done?
by on May 8, 2012 at 5:29:40 pm

just javascript - jquery or mootools or other libraries such as those can do this pretty easily (or you could write your own, of course - but it's sorta reinventing the wheel at some point).

for example the one (after browsing source) leverages a few things, specifically i'd bet the scrollVert version of this plugin:

plus a few other things, of course, but that seems to be part of it. you could also leverage this functionality from jquery:

so long and short, it is done combining a few standard effects from jquery. i'd bet you could find something that did a lot of it in one of these pages:

(i.e. somebody wrote a wrapper around jquery to do the full-page slide panel. you'd probably have to tweak it for your needs, but it might get you a lot further down the road)

hope that helps! feel free to ask any other questions as well...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved