FORUMS: list search recent posts

I just got a hosting plan for a website that includes PHP and MySql........

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Smith
I just got a hosting plan for a website that includes PHP and MySql........
on May 6, 2012 at 12:27:50 am

Hi,

I just got a hosting plan for a website that includes PHP and MySql plus a lot of other things like phpadmin come with it.

My problem is that when I look for tutorials online they all want me to run a webserver like apache off my computer to go through with the tutorials, it's really aggravating not to mention I tried installing all the webserver stuff and it was working great last night but when I went to use my computer as a webserver today and nothing worked like it did last night. So I get rid of it all and reinstall. Now I can't get it to work correctly at all and can't get the phpadmin going eihter. I've been making websites for 12 years now and want to get into the MySql relational databases driven websites.

With all that being said I just want to use my server that I pay for annually and it's got a lot of bells and whistles for making a simple databases for database driven sites. I need to have a user log in and it takes them to a page with all the info that I only need that user to see. I can't seem to find any good tutorials, I'm even a member of Lynda DOT com and they want you to download all this apache server phpadmin and so on.

I would appreciate any good help!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
Re: I just got a hosting plan for a website that includes PHP and MySql........
on May 6, 2012 at 12:41:11 am

hello...

you can use your server just like a dev server - depending on your hosting plan, you are allowed multiple databases (so you can do test one and other test ones) and perhaps even subdomains (i.e. test.yourdomain.com) so that you can do learning stuff there and not affect your live site - or just put in a directory on the live site like _test or something and put all your code in there...

what part of the learning are you getting stuck on? for reference, if they say create a db in mysql locally, just do it on the server you have, and then upload your php code to use it - should actually be all the same params as if you were running it locally, as 99% of mysql installs connect on localhost...

let us know what part specifically you're having problems with!

sitruc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]