FORUMS: list search recent posts

Picking your brain for Charity! Is this possible on a website

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh White
Picking your brain for Charity! Is this possible on a website
on Mar 30, 2012 at 5:57:47 pm

Bonjour!

So I have a very unusual yet exciting, and possible quite challenging request for all ye on Creative Cow. I am building a website for which I need a versataile peice of coding.

I want something not too different from google maps. With the ability for members to change the images that make up the map.

Does anyone have any knowlege of any software/code that would be a good starting point.

p.s Please excuse my ignorance towards webdesign. I am an artworker by trade and don't have too much knowledge of website building. I have coders at hand, but they need somewhere to start...they aren't programmers!

I have found this, but not sure if I would be scammed for my money, or whether it is actually what I need.

http://www.imapbuilder.net/

Your Help would be very much appreciated and is going towards a good cause. If you have helped me I will even put your name in the credits!

Regards,

Josh

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
Re: Picking your brain for Charity! Is this possible on a website
on Mar 30, 2012 at 7:03:36 pm

hello...

[Josh White] " I want something not too different from google maps. With the ability for members to change the images that make up the map."

sorry - this is a bit confusing. what is it exactly that you want to do? once we are armed with that info, there are probably some good starting points that we can propose...

sitruc

Return to posts index

Josh White
on Mar 30, 2012 at 10:55:30 pm

thanks for you reply.

Sorry, I will try to explain better. That I-mapper program allows you to create a map out of one image, What i would like to do is create a map of multiple images. That is constantly expandable. I guess like a grid system. If this is anyway possible.

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
on Apr 3, 2012 at 10:40:22 pm

hello...

wow - sorry. i'm feeling rather dense but i'm still not much closer to following what you want to do... :-(

sitruc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]