FORUMS: list search recent posts

setting up local test server

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Keysetting up local test server
by on Feb 25, 2012 at 4:04:02 pm

One thing leads to another.

Last week I posted about having trouble with the jwplayer not embedding correctly - it turns out I simply couldn't preview the files before uploading them - once it was on my web server it worked.

I have finished putting together the base structure for my site at and added a wordpress blog. I wanted to figure out how to customize the blog so it looks like the rest of my pages and found a tutorial ( suggesting I install XAMPP so I can preview changes to the style sheets.

What I'm wondering is - will this also allow me to preview pages with the jwplayer embedded?

If so this would be sweet. It's been bugging me that in order to design pages with videos on them I'll have to upload it to the server before I can see if it works.

I'm using Dreamweaver CS3 on Windows 7

Christopher Key

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: setting up local test server
by on Mar 5, 2012 at 10:30:57 pm

have you considered installing a webserver on your local machine (such as apache)? then you have all the functionality you'd need to do testing and development locally...

if you want to research that, google "install apache" (sans quotes) and your os and there will be a ton of good articles on how to do that...

Return to posts index

Christopher KeyRe: setting up local test server
by on Mar 6, 2012 at 2:15:32 am

sounds like just what I need - Ill check it out thanks!

Christopher Key

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved