FORUMS: list search recent posts

Seeing Videos on Pages Using Word Press

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank CervarichSeeing Videos on Pages Using Word Press
by on Nov 10, 2011 at 10:03:04 pm

i have a new website - - and am using the latest version of Word Press to build it. I have figured out how to upload videos (and still photos) to Word Press and how to get them into my media on the Dashboard. I have also placed video (and still photos) on pages with success. However, what is seen on the pages is an icon not the video (or still photo). You have to download the icon to see the image.
How do I fix it so that you see the video (or still photo) on the page and not an icon? Does this require a plug-in? Does it require some change of setting? What?
Thanks so much for any suggestions you can offer.

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Seeing Videos on Pages Using Word Press
by on Nov 15, 2011 at 3:49:50 am

do you have a direct link to an example? i didn't see any photos on your site and only the 2 direct links to the flash videos...

Return to posts index

Frank CervarichRe: Seeing Videos on Pages Using Word Press
by on Nov 15, 2011 at 5:47:08 pm

Curtis -

That is what I am talking about for my website - I click on the image or video icon after placing my cursor where I want the image or video to go. I then select from my media the image or video. What I am hoping will happen when I execute is that the image or video will appear on the page I am working on. What I get is an icon. You can download the video or image and you can then see the image or video on your computer.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need a plug-in? How can I fix this so that I see an image or video on any given page not an icon that you need to download in order to see the image or video?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved