FORUMS: list search recent posts

Visual Design Methodology

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver LyndaleVisual Design Methodology
by on Sep 22, 2011 at 6:29:36 pm

Hi there,

I have just spent the last 3 days researching Web Design Methodology and still find myself unsatisfied with the answers I get. Is anyone willing to share with me the process they use for designing the visual front end of a clients website.

Once a design is settled on, building it is usually pretty straight forward but getting a client to settle on a design seems to be at the mercy of so many factors. Is there any good way of reducing the risk of wasting time.

The process I currently use involves communication with the client over a couple of weeks where we first discuss functionality and then visual intentions and their influences. From this gathered material and information I produce a static concept design that includes all of the necessary elements and visually looks like my interpretation of their request. Sometimes this is right first time, sometimes, definitely not.

Any advice will be greatly received as without a better method to this process it is very hard to employ anyone to help me as I cant determine how much it will cost me.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: Visual Design Methodology
by on Sep 22, 2011 at 8:44:43 pm

1. Objectives and personality
2. Content
3. Site map
4. Layout and navigation. Mood board.
5. One page in full static jpg design with dummy text and images.
6. Once approved, full static jpg design.
7. Semantic HTML with final content.
8. Full static HTML site.
9. Apply animations and dynamic content.
10. Test.
11. Go live.

I hope this helps

Return to posts index

Dave PoRe: Visual Design Methodology
by on Sep 22, 2011 at 11:53:16 pm

You need a good contract that specifies number of revisions or allotted time. Sometimes you'll want to give ur clients a little leway to keep them happy, but not to much. You'll quickly realize the rabit hole goes very deep if you say yes too much at the beginning.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved