FORUMS: list search recent posts

IntenseDebate input textarea element focus outline - annoying, won't go away!

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Svetlana Shneyder
IntenseDebate input textarea element focus outline - annoying, won't go away!
on Sep 20, 2011 at 7:39:46 pm

i'm using the intensedebate commenting system on my blog (ask-lana.blogspot.com) and the yellowish input focus is driving me up the wall!

browser: firefox w/ firebug plugin so i can inspect elements. intensedebate suggested it, as a matter of fact--get firebug so you can inspect our css and customize your own comment box (css).

i've been successful in styling the rest of the comment box pretty much the way i want, but the input textarea focus just won't go away no matter what i do!

i tried :focus {outline: none !important;} and everything else i can think of. nothing seems to work! i tried display:none, which got rid of the textarea altogether, which was not my intent!

here is the intensedebate html form (this is hosted at intensedebate, so i can't personally go in and mess with their html--but i CAN edit the css):

<form id="IDCommentNewThreadForm1">
<div class="idc-c-t-inner">
<textarea id="IDCommentNewThreadText" class="idc-text_noresize " onblur="txtOnBlur(this, 'Enter text right here!');"

onfocus="txtOnFocus(this, 'Enter text right here!');" style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204); width: 580px;">Enter text right here!</textarea>
<span class="idc-clear"> </span>
</div>
</form>

and here is the css that (i assume) controls the form element, because like i said, i tried display:none and it did remove the textarea (box) when i clicked inside it! so this must be the css that's controlling that element:

#idc-container.idc .idc-focus {
-moz-border-bottom-colors: none !important;
-moz-border-image: none !important;
-moz-border-left-colors: none !important;
-moz-border-right-colors: none !important;
-moz-border-top-colors: none !important;
border-color: #A0B513 #C9E31A #C9E31A !important;
border-right: 1px solid #C9E31A !important;
border-style: solid !important;
border-width: 1px !important;
}

obviously, i tried fooling around with the css, i tried setting it to none, 0, white, but nothing affected it!

will some smart person please help me get rid of the yellow outline when i click inside the form element?! nothing i've done worked. :-(

i contacted intensedebate, but they are slow to reply *sigh*.

help! any suggestions?

thanks in advance! :-)

Return to posts index

Svetlana Shneyder
Re: IntenseDebate input textarea element focus outline - annoying, won't go away!
on Sep 20, 2011 at 10:17:44 pm

Never mind, I figured it out myself. I had a strange feeling some other CSS was controlling the focus in addition to the above CSS, so I decided to edit and upload the custom CSS directly to my IntenseDebate account, and it did the trick. Hope this helps someone! (Someday.)

Return to posts index

Svetlana Shneyder
Re: IntenseDebate input textarea element focus outline - annoying, won't go away!
on Sep 20, 2011 at 10:18:29 pm

Never mind, I figured it out myself. I had a strange feeling some other CSS was controlling the focus in addition to the above CSS, so I decided to edit and upload the custom CSS directly to my IntenseDebate account, and it did the trick. Hope this helps someone! (Someday.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]