FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wordpress db from backup to new install

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clint MilnerWordpress db from backup to new install
by on Sep 19, 2011 at 11:18:55 am

Hi All,

I've been using Wordpress for my sites and it's really opening up a lot of functionality, and I've landed my first paying client that will be on the platform.

So of course, my web host has suffered some data loss which has included the mySQL database for the site.

After helping me out as much as they can, the host company has drawn a line with Wordpress support.

Basically, I have the mySQL database backed up and I need to know how I can import the data back in to my fresh installation of Wordpress.

I'm pretty new to the back-end side of things, but my host uses cPanel if there's a way to do it there.

Thanks for any help.

Adobe CS4 Master Suite
Vista Ultimate 64 SP1
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.60GHz
NVidia Quadro FX 3700
Matrox RT.X2 LE Capture Card

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: Wordpress db from backup to new install
by on Sep 19, 2011 at 1:28:25 pm

There are some extensions of Wordpress that backup your database automatically. It's suggested that you create a new email account for just that, the backups.

I haven't used cPanel, but in the page I found a Demo and tested it.

In the Databases section you can select phpMyAdmin, a new window will open.

Choose the _wordpress database

Now select the Import panel

Press the Browse button and choose the backup of the DB in your computer, then press OK.

This will import your database to your server. I haven't do this process in a while, so I may be missing something, but that's basically what you do for restoring a DB.

I hope this helps

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved