FORUMS: list search recent posts

WEBCAM recording to webserver

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Filip KubisWEBCAM recording to webserver
by on Aug 3, 2011 at 11:56:35 am

Hey everyone,

I am currently looking for some solution NOT including Adobe Media Server or any expencive way to somehow enable users of my website to record a short video with their webcams directly to my webserver or any other idiotproof solution how to give them an opportunity to record themselfs and upload that to my server. Something like YouTube of Facebook have. Ofcourse I know these boys have the toys, but the point is I do not. I already came throug RED5, but it has not been supported for 4 years and it really is old now...

So I am just shooting ideas how could this be possible and maby someone came across something like this and might be able to help me.

- I am thinking maby there is some way, some java, or flash tool capable of sending videostream to my server where I have some HW to do the compression for me.
- Than I was thinking there might be some clever application one installs in his computer and simply records his video, put login, pw and it will connect to his account. This would be cool, but I have no idea if anyone besides me came with such an idea.
-Or maby there is some alternative to RED5 or Flash directly compressing the video to webserver...

If any of you guys have some suggestion, please let me know. I would be thrilled :-)

DVD bitrate calculator: HERE
DVD Bit Budgeting tool: HERE
Dual-Layer Break tutorial: HERE
Anit-aliasing PS plugin: HERE
Other very useful stuff: HERE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved