FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Webpage advice/expertize needed

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam WinsladeVideo Webpage advice/expertize needed
by on Jun 6, 2011 at 5:22:05 pm

Greetings Experts,

I am looking for some help/advice for a growing need at our company. Employed as an in house Video producer for a successful Sales consultancy & training firm, I am experienced in video production, however a novice in terms of websites and servers.

We are in need of a new service for our expanding video library and future needs. I will try and explain what we are after in terminology I hope you can all understand - if there is a 'one stop shop' that already exists for us to use that would be great - however I suspect we will need something custom built.

Firstly the videos will need to be hosted somewhere (in the cloud) so that clients of ours worldwide can view them. Its the 'front end' which I think is causing us headaches.

Video library at this stage isn't huge (approx. 20 videos) however being able to easily upload/add/manage the site moving forward is essential.

Given that our videos contain intellectual property (IP) our first requirement is for the videos to be secure and private, only the people (clients) which are entitled to view them should have access.

- Individual 'user login' required (using individuals email)

Once they are logged in we want them to be able to see and view the videos they are entitled to be able to view as part of their training. Some clients will be entitled to view our entire library, however others will only be entitled to view a certain section. More often than not, the videos will be a part of a series/group of videos so it would be blocking/opening up access for whole series/groups as opposed to individual clips.

- Customized user access to required videos. Depending on company we work with will depend on which videos they are able to access/view

Using the individual log in details, we want to be able to 'track' each user - being able to find out which video clips they have already viewed and which clips still haven't been accessed, allowing us to then follow up with the client to ensure their staff are getting the necessary training required.

- Individual tracking of user access/movement within the site. Ideally this would be able to access 'on demand' ie; an admin from our firm will be able to log in and get an up to date report of who has viewed what within the site.

There are multiple OVP (Online video platforms) available today, however they don't appear to be able to provide us with what we require - please let me know if I am mistaken.

Typically will output video clips H.264 mp4 however can adjust format if site required needs it. Being able to have the videos viewable on tablets & smartphones would be needed also.

If there is any info I've omitted which you need to help provide me a solution please let me know.

Is this something you can envisage being achievable? The 'front end' would obviously need to be branded in our company style, perhaps with a 'YouTube' like feel with thumbnails of the videos for our clients to view.

Appreciate the feedback/advice!

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: Video Webpage advice/expertize needed
by on Jun 6, 2011 at 6:37:36 pm

If you don't have the budget to hire someone that creates what you need, you can use Youtube and create a private channel.

Return to posts index

Sam WinsladeRe: Video Webpage advice/expertize needed
by on Jun 6, 2011 at 6:45:41 pm

Cheers for the reply. We looked briefly at a private YouTube channel, however we could be having at times up to 100+ people being able to access the site for viewing (not at the same time) and private YouTube limits the amount of people.

If we do have to pay someone, that is an option we will look at. Where would I begin to look for someone to do such a build for us??

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: Video Webpage advice/expertize needed
by on Jun 6, 2011 at 6:58:58 pm

You can look at the services section of the COW and look for someone in your area.

There you can also post in the Jobs forum to ask for someone that do what you need.

I hope this helps

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved