FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I creat a swf file like this one?

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tracy Wen
How do I creat a swf file like this one?
on Mar 7, 2011 at 4:53:50 am

Hi All,

I am a multimedia student and new to Adobe Flash. I got a request of making a flash video similar to the one on this link: http://www.windwardreports.com/

I don't know where to start. Should I make the video in After Effect first and then bring the flv into Flash? How do I add those links (Try It, Free Demo...etc.) at the end of the flash video?

Your advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Tracy

Return to posts index

Fernando Mol
Re: How do I creat a swf file like this one?
on Mar 7, 2011 at 4:19:07 pm

It looks to me like a standard keyframe animation in the timeline.

For your question I assume you don't know how to use Flash at all. If you're familiar with After Effects you may find some similarities. You can animate the whole thing in After Effects and export it as a swf, but this is not the optimal way. Better do it inside Flash.

I hope this helps

Return to posts index

Tracy Wen
on Mar 9, 2011 at 3:15:06 am

Thank you, Fernando. I am familiar with After Effects but not with Flash. That's why I was thinking making the animation in After Effect, but I guess it's better to learn Flash and do it in Flash. Are the links at the end wrote in ActionScript?

Return to posts index

Fernando Mol
on Mar 9, 2011 at 4:32:00 am

All interaction in Flash is made with Actionscript, but there are some simple behaviors for AS2 that are very easy to apply.

In Flash you have a timeline, layers and keyframes. That part will be very familiar for an After Effects user. Those are the main tools you need to animate objects in Flash (movie clips in your timeline will be like pre-comps in After Effects).

The rest of the tools and concepts will be very different.

So, there are good news and bad news as always. Good luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]