FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advice for jquery video gallery/player

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron HaymanAdvice for jquery video gallery/player
by on Feb 24, 2011 at 8:13:15 pm

I'm looking for a recommendation for a jquery video player/gallery type plug in that I could use on my web site that would function a little like the "playlist" window in Youtube. I want to have one page where they'll be a selection of videos to be played, room for some comments on each video (more than just a one line "caption") and something where I can host the videos on my own server along with my site (not something that pulls videos from youtube or other hosting service).

Also, it'd be nice if the thing wasn't too difficult to configure. I do know a bit of javascript(just a bit at this point), but I don't know the jquery system well (I know the basics, though) and so something pretty simple to deal with would be really nice.

It's a tall order, I know, but if anyone can point me in the right direction, it'd be much appreciated.

PS. I did look on the jquery site for such a thing and after searching many pages I still didn't come across such a thing. There sure is a lot of stuff to page through there...

Return to posts index

Mitch StevensRe: Advice for jquery video gallery/player
by on Apr 2, 2011 at 9:46:30 am

I would like to do the same thing on my site but haven't found a way yet either do I'm curious to see what you find out

Return to posts index

Aaron HaymanRe: Advice for jquery video gallery/player
by on Apr 4, 2011 at 5:54:22 am

Mitch, Yea... good luck with that. I haven't had such good luck finding the kind of thing that I was looking for as far as a javascript solution. I had something one my site that was basically a Flash based thing that was really glitchy and since I haven't been able to figure out a javascript type thing for it, I now have my videos posted on Vimeo and the link on my site just opens up a new window with the Vimeo page that has all of my video stuff. Not as elegant a solution as having some stylish player with thumbnail images, descriptions and the like that works right inside of my site, but for now it's the best that I've come up with.

I'll post here if I come up with a javascript solution at some point and if you figure it out first, I'd love to hear what you're going with (and see a link). It's funny.... there are so many different jquery plug ins, but it seems that it can still be all but impossible to find one that works well for your own thing. One day perhaps, I'll be genius enough with jquery to write something from scratch. Until then though I'm stuck searching for a pre-fab solution... which can be pretty frustrating.

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Advice for jquery video gallery/player
by on Apr 4, 2011 at 3:17:25 pm

well - a very good html 5 video player is videojs:

he doesn't have a playlist, but if you had enough html and jquery knowledge, you could add one in pretty easily...

not exactly what you want, but the video playing part is handled nicely.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved