FORUMS: list search recent posts

Custom wordpress website plugin/software

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan WilsonCustom wordpress website plugin/software
by on Feb 22, 2011 at 11:17:43 pm

So I found this web site called http://www.prophotoblogs.com/ It basically allows novice users to create a custom web site either from scratch or off of a theme. It seems extremely simple and there's tons of options. This site is based largely around Photographers.

I really like this site, and the advanced options/assistance it provides for creating your own website.

Is there a similar website/software that lets you do this that isn't limited just to photography? I want to work in Wordpress, and I really like the options ProPhoto blogs has. Just wondering if there's a better, more general option out there.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: Custom wordpress website plugin/software
by on Feb 23, 2011 at 12:44:11 am

Actually, that site you refer uses Wordpress.

If you need a blog, Wordpress can be your way to go, but there are many options, all of them will need you to spend some time learning them.

What kind of site are you planning to do?

Return to posts index

Jordan WilsonRe: Custom wordpress website plugin/software
by on Feb 23, 2011 at 6:09:19 pm

Right... I know it has Wordpress. That's the reason I'm looking at it.

I'm just looking to build more of a videography website. I could use plain wordpress to build the site, but I want something with more options and a bit better UI. That's why I was looking at ProPhoto Blogs. So I was wondering if there was a similar site/plugin/software that lets you build off templates, banner/sidebar/header customization, etc.

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: Custom wordpress website plugin/software
by on Feb 23, 2011 at 10:03:26 pm

I think you can do that in Joomla!

Wordpress is customizable but you need to mess with the CSS manually. Lest's see if anyone know a WP plug-in that do what you need.

Return to posts index

Alan SmithRe: Custom wordpress website plugin/software
by on Apr 13, 2011 at 1:16:31 pm

The best WordPress theme that has a great UI for customizing your site is the Thesis theme. It is a highly recommended theme and has a lot of built in functionality that allows users to make significant modifications without having to touch CSS or code.

Press 75.com has a great theme that is build for the video streaming side of things. Its called On Demand for WordPress. This one may be a good theme for you as well.

If you cant find what your looking for, PM or email me and I'd be happy to help you further.

Alan Smith
Media317
http://media317.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]