FORUMS: list search recent posts

gap in knowledge.... AGAIN

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Williamsgap in knowledge.... AGAIN
by on Feb 2, 2011 at 1:46:39 am

Hi Guys,

OK i seem to be lacking a bit of knowledge here i think...

i have downloaded a free flash photo-viewer, and uploaded it here...
http://www.thevinylfrontierltd.co.uk/flashgallery.html

Then i have added another free thing, lightwindow to my site...
http://www.thevinylfrontierltd.co.uk/beth.html

I have set it up so it displays the webpage flashgallery.html when you click on images.

The problem i have is that the flash gallery puts the swf in place using javascript, and links to a php file, an image folder, and an xml file.

Now... when i test the page locally, it works fine, but when i upload it to my FTP, and click on images, its like the SWF is not loading. I am asuming that this is a trigger problem because i am loading the page over the top of a page and not loading the page in the normal fasion. Perhaps this is an obvious problem that i have not come across before so i thought i would just ask here quickly in case one of you knows of a way to get this working. Its odd that it workss locally but not from the FTP which is why i assume it is something quite simple that i am missing.

Your help is, as always, greatfully recieved

Richard

Richard Williams
p.s. Please remember to rate our post replies and tick if solved. Also, please remember that we here are NOT employed by Adobe, we do this out of love and fun, so its always nice to recieve a Please and Thank You! :o)

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: gap in knowledge.... AGAIN
by on Feb 11, 2011 at 7:07:22 pm

I wonder if it will work if you remove the Flash verification.

Return to posts index

Richard WilliamsRe: gap in knowledge.... AGAIN
by on Feb 11, 2011 at 8:40:01 pm

yeah it works with flash, but not THIS flash because its driven from some scripting and not just a simple flash movie :o(

On a postive note, i finally got around to breaking down the spry photo gallery... i think i might put together a turorial on how to do it soon, as once you have all the files in the right place its actually really easy, but nowhere is their any good instruction on it so i think its time for me to give something back again.

Richard Williams
p.s. Please remember to rate our post replies and tick if solved. Also, please remember that we here are NOT employed by Adobe, we do this out of love and fun, so its always nice to recieve a Please and Thank You! :o)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]