FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for examples of one-page web sites w/ a tracker or counter

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan WilsonLooking for examples of one-page web sites w/ a tracker or counter
by on Jan 26, 2011 at 5:15:23 pm

Hey all,

I have a random request. I'm looking for an example of a good one-page web site that has a counter or a tracker.

So basically a web site that is really simple and is just tracking/counting something. I work for a non-profit in Chicago, and we're looking to get a web site up that simply tracks the number of people who donate to a cause/campaign and how much has been raised. There would be a little bit of info about the campaign and whatnot, but I think keeping it to one page would be ideal.

But I'm looking for good examples of this. I know I've seen some examples of like a "countdown" timer or something... but I'm wondering if there's examples of a simple counter/tracker web site.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Looking for examples of one-page web sites w/ a tracker or counter
by on Jan 26, 2011 at 5:20:59 pm

hello...

well - most countdown counters are just time-based, so you can easily do that statically in javascript...

but if you want to show donation totals, you'd need to either update it manually or have some sort of external source (text file or db) that has the total that the page can read from and then render the counter automatically.

how would you be updating that count? based on that, i could probably offer up some options...

sitruc

Return to posts index

Jordan WilsonRe: Looking for examples of one-page web sites w/ a tracker or counter
by on Jan 26, 2011 at 5:34:21 pm

I would not be doing anything.

I just have to find some examples to send to our could-be designer. So any fancy talk might go over my head. I'm just looking for examples.

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Looking for examples of one-page web sites w/ a tracker or counter
by on Jan 26, 2011 at 5:39:24 pm

well - you could use something like this for paypal:

http://www.chipin.com/overview

or in the past, united way has done a thermometer filling up (with dollar amounts for degrees) - can't find an example of that.

or an odometer-style counter could work too...

Return to posts index

Jordan WilsonRe: Looking for examples of one-page web sites w/ a tracker or counter
by on Jan 26, 2011 at 5:57:55 pm

Right... this is exactly what I'm looking for. I just need a live example to showcase it.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 26, 2011 at 5:59:24 pm

well - at this stage, then, i'll defer to my good friend google... :-)

Return to posts index

by on Jan 26, 2011 at 6:31:34 pm

Google is also my great friend, and the first friend I go to online. However.... not much has surfaced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]