FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exported .html or .swf from Indesign

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Hopkins
Exported .html or .swf from Indesign
on Jan 24, 2011 at 5:17:48 am

Hello, I'm creating an interactive magazine in Indesign. The goal is to export it to .swf to publish on a site. When it exports the .swf, it generates an .html file as well, like normal. The problem I'm having is that the .swf doesn't behave like normal. I can't make it work online in any way. Does anyone know if these files are written in some way that they can only be opened in the Flash player and not embedded? I don't even know if that's possible, but I cannot figure out why it only works offline. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Adam Hopkins
Re: Exported .html or .swf from Indesign
on Jan 26, 2011 at 12:44:17 am

Ok, the swf is showing up now, but the .f4v's that are in that .swf are not. I'm thinking that it is referencing them from local and needs a place to find them on the server? How do I work that out, where do I put them so that the swf can recognize them?

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
on Jan 26, 2011 at 4:22:37 pm

hello...

you might be on your own on this one - i've never heard of using indesign for web/flash development (for desktop publishing, ya, but not for this), so i really don't have any suggestions for you...

sorry to not be of more assistance.

sitruc

Return to posts index

Adam Hopkins
on Jan 26, 2011 at 4:37:29 pm

Its a very interesting addition. CS4 allowed some exporting to interactive .pdf. CS5 allows that and adds interactive .swf and the ability to export to .fla so a designer could do his part and hand it off to a Flash developer to add tons of interactivity, video, sound, etc. You don't need to know any code for the .pdfs and .swfs, very exciting.

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
on Jan 26, 2011 at 4:41:24 pm

interesting - thanks for the knowledge! if nobody here ends up being able to help you, please post back if you get it figured out...

Return to posts index

Fernando Mol
on Jan 26, 2011 at 5:25:45 pm

When exporting to Flash, you should have the options for include all media (photos, video, sounds) inside the Flash file.

If this options is not selected then all of your files should be remain linked to the original external files. You probably would need to keep the folder structure and upload them all for the Flash to work properly.

Just speculating.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]