FORUMS: list search recent posts

spry tabbed panels, swf video and internet explorer

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tim baker
spry tabbed panels, swf video and internet explorer
on Jan 19, 2011 at 11:41:23 pm

Hi all,

First post on here so am really hoping that someone with a much better knowledge that mine can help me out before i pull all my hair out!!

i've created a few web pages with a number of spry tabbed panels on. each has a swf video clip on, currently set to auto play as soon as the tab is open, which is the way i would like to try maintain it, for dynamic effect of the page content.

the page works perfectly in every other browser except IE which does not stop playback when a new tab is clicked, so i end up with every single video playing all at the same time, which is a little distracting to say the least.

the page does display correctly in IE so the base code is right, i just need something to stop the videos all playing at the same time

i've now spent about 5 days looking for the answer on the internet and the closest i've got is that it appears to be a onclick or onunload event that's required. But i simply don't have a clue where to start to put it together.

more than happy to roll my sleeves up as i clearly need to learn what the answer it, but i wonder is someone might be good enough to take pity on me, and help me along with the answer.

cheers all in advance

Tim

Return to posts index

Fernando Mol
Re: spry tabbed panels, swf video and internet explorer
on Feb 16, 2011 at 8:17:27 pm

Sorry but I haven't had that kind of problem before. Maybe if you post a link to your page we can go and take a look.

Also, if you find the answer to your problem by yourself please share the solution so others can benefit from it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]