FORUMS: list search recent posts

spry tabbed panels, swf video and internet explorer

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tim bakerspry tabbed panels, swf video and internet explorer
by on Jan 19, 2011 at 11:41:23 pm

Hi all,

First post on here so am really hoping that someone with a much better knowledge that mine can help me out before i pull all my hair out!!

i've created a few web pages with a number of spry tabbed panels on. each has a swf video clip on, currently set to auto play as soon as the tab is open, which is the way i would like to try maintain it, for dynamic effect of the page content.

the page works perfectly in every other browser except IE which does not stop playback when a new tab is clicked, so i end up with every single video playing all at the same time, which is a little distracting to say the least.

the page does display correctly in IE so the base code is right, i just need something to stop the videos all playing at the same time

i've now spent about 5 days looking for the answer on the internet and the closest i've got is that it appears to be a onclick or onunload event that's required. But i simply don't have a clue where to start to put it together.

more than happy to roll my sleeves up as i clearly need to learn what the answer it, but i wonder is someone might be good enough to take pity on me, and help me along with the answer.

cheers all in advance

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: spry tabbed panels, swf video and internet explorer
by on Feb 16, 2011 at 8:17:27 pm

Sorry but I haven't had that kind of problem before. Maybe if you post a link to your page we can go and take a look.

Also, if you find the answer to your problem by yourself please share the solution so others can benefit from it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved